Sat 5/8 Report Sat 5/8 Report Sat 5/8 Report Sat 5/8 Report

Thread: Sat 5/8 Report

Default Sat 5/8 Report

Shakedown cruise complete and time to fish. Looking for the elusive walleye and catching lots of smallmouth in the process. 2 walleye caught in 20 foot of water trolling big boards at 1.5 MPH and straight line RR and Bandits. 1 on blue and silver and 1 on purple. I can never remember the real names. Smallmouth (25-30) caught on multiple colors over 2 days. Largest was around 6 pounds. In front of old raytheon plant seemed hot as did the bubble in front of the Nuc Plant. I hope this helps Dr. ED. LOL - central basin never talks (or writes). Would love to sneak out this Mother's day but the divorce thing gets expensive. I offered her a fishing trip for Mother's Day but she didn't pursue that.

I do read all the posts and I apologize for not responding sooner but it's Mothers Day and had 3 grandkids in the house along with their mother and my wife. I have no idea where those landmarks are that you mentioned but I'm glad you pulled fish. I'll be launching at Catawba SP tomorrow morning and hope to find fish right around the corner near Mouse Island.

Default where are the Walleye??

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Shakedown cruise complete and time to fish. Looking for the elusive walleye and catching lots of smallmouth in the process. 2 walleye caught in 20 foot of water trolling big boards at 1.5 MPH and straight line RR and Bandits. 1 on blue and silver and 1 on purple. I can never remember the real names. Smallmouth (25-30) caught on multiple colors over 2 days. Largest was around 6 pounds. In front of old raytheon plant seemed hot as did the bubble in front of the Nuc Plant. I hope this helps Dr. ED. LOL - central basin never talks (or writes). Would love to sneak out this Mother's day but the divorce thing gets expensive. I offered her a fishing trip for Mother's Day but she didn't pursue that.

5/8. First trip of the season. Fished 18 - 25ft for about 3hrs between Euclid Hospital and Sims Park. Really couldn't even find any good marks. Very scattered, far and few in between. I think the next trip I'm going to fish a little more east, probably around Eastlake.
    Last edited by Fishfry08; 05-09-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Keep us updated as I will be heading that direction next (probably Mentor Lagoons in 20-40 feet. Might have a new report by Wednesday night.