Marinas Marinas Marinas Marinas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marinas

Default Marinas

I am moving next spring from bolles harbor in michigan.like to be close to islands.any good friendly Marina's recommend.thanks Mike.

I have a 30ft sport craft don't need electric.

I vote for Channel Grove East Harbor if you want to be on that side. Very fisherman friendly owners and facility IMO. My first year there and I am staying as long as they will have me.

Edit to add: or I am selling a place in Port Clinton with 90' of steel concrete dock wall and 2 story home, dock in back yard, if ya just want to buy a place and be done with it. 359 North Y Place. PM me for more info. Auctions off on the 13th.
    Last edited by Davesnothere; 09-02-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

Thank you for answer.iam on there list.iam 4th on list for a spot to hopefully open.willnt no till february.thanks mike

Harbor Park Marina. There are a few docks available to rent from dock owners in Come Sail Away. Both of these are on Catawba island. Close to everything. If you're wanting a nice full service marina check out Catawba Moorings.

There are a lot of good marinas in the Catawba area. If it were me, I would actually take a look at several before Making my mind up. There are are things to consider. Cost , available parking ( We prefer to park at our boat ) not possible at some marinas. Attitude of ownership/ Staff. Like I said, there are a lot of good places to put your boat in that area. I think everyone on this site would agree, most boaters tend to stay in the Marinas that take care of their customers. We are no different. It's probably is not for everyone, but we dock at Foxhaven and thus far would not even consider going anywhere else. Good Luck on your serch. The Nan Sea Lee

I would second called and looking at as many as you can. Do you need a marina that can repair, winterize, pull, store, pump out, not all do all of these. Do you want direct lake access or of you need to idle through or down a river or canal are you OK with that?

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    I would second called and looking at as many as you can. Do you need a marina that can repair, winterize, pull, store, pump out, not all do all of these. Do you want direct lake access or of you need to idle through or down a river or canal are you OK with that?
    thanks to all with help.yes would like bait store an fuel.also nice people to deal with .would like direct lake access my boat is about 8ft high.needing to go under a bridge that's 9ft normal water level.seems to worrie me.if water is up no fishing.thanks

Think about the amenities you are wanting from a marina. Restaurant, pool, mechanic, fuel? Also, consider which areas of the lake you will boat on - Kelley' s, Put in Bay, the firing range. It's a lot cheaper to drive your car to a marina that is close to your boating area than it is to cruise a long distance by boat. Also, think about the restaurants, supplies that you will want on every trip to the lake. All of the above made Catawba island marinas an obvious choice for us. Yes, the marinas tend to be a little higher cost than some other locations but we have more than paid for that by fuel savings.

thanks for your thaughts.what you are saying is what iam looking for.thanks