Big perch Big perch Big perch Big perch

Thread: Big perch

Default Big perch

Fished Friday morning between Kelly's and south bass. Moved a couple times to find the fish. Then took half hour to figure out what the wanted. Wife and I had our limit in less than 2 hours. Had to open the bail and put it in the holder. Wait a minute or two and slowly take up the slack. Most bites were light but at least half the fish had it way down. Lots of doubles and one triple using crappie rigs and gold hooks. Minnows were a mix of Goldie's,shiners and pin heads. Didn't matter which we used. Also had one 16" walleye. Weight at bays edge was 24#. Glad I'm finally able to give back some info.

Thanks for report. Now that is a nice mess of perch! I'd take those fish and a couple of hours bite!

Quote Originally Posted by gwlank View Post
    Fished Friday morning between Kelly's and south bass. Moved a couple times to find the fish. Then took half hour to figure out what the wanted. Wife and I had our limit in less than 2 hours. Had to open the bail and put it in the holder. Wait a minute or two and slowly take up the slack. Most bites were light but at least half the fish had it way down. Lots of doubles and one triple using crappie rigs and gold hooks. Minnows were a mix of Goldie's,shiners and pin heads. Didn't matter which we used. Also had one 16" walleye. Weight at bays edge was 24#. Glad I'm finally able to give back some info.
    Wow! Big area though could you narrow it down a little bit? Thank you and great job, nice take.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    Wow! Big area though could you narrow it down a little bit? Thank you and great job, nice take.

We were about 300 yards northwest of the can off the southwest corner of Kelly's . Went back today and a lot slower. 3 of us had 68 and took 6 hours. Had one 16" walleye again. 24# this time.

There was a big pack of boats in that area on sat&sun. I fished the structure more to the se of Sbass. Good perch bite in the am but it died by 10am. Then out to the pack. Seems I always catch a 15-16" eye every time i perch fish between the islands this year.