July 12 walleye July 12 walleye July 12 walleye July 12 walleye

Thread: July 12 walleye

Default July 12 walleye

Two of us went west of the peninsula point on Tuesday. Just north of the Nets. We had a few marks and picked up two in 55fow. Trolled out to 70 fow and caught one. No walleye marks. A lot of marks all over the screen, but at twenty to thirty feet down. Thought they might be steelhead but I really believe they were junk. We went back to 55fow and caught eight more. No throwbacks. We had to fish from 7am to 2pm in blistering fly infested heat. Only one sheephead and two silver bass. Seven walleye 27 to 30 inch. One 24inch, one 22 inch, and one 18 inch. Caught 4 on eight colors of leadcore. Caught 6 on Dipseys 120 @ 3 setting and 90 @ 11/2 setting (average). Caught all on antifreeze or pink double willows. Hope this helps guys. It has not been an easy year for walleye so far.

Question Question

Quote Originally Posted by rubycat16 View Post
    Two of us went west of the peninsula point on Tuesday. Just north of the Nets. We had a few marks and picked up two in 55fow. Trolled out to 70 fow and caught one. No walleye marks. A lot of marks all over the screen, but at twenty to thirty feet down. Thought they might be steelhead but I really believe they were junk. We went back to 55fow and caught eight more. No throwbacks. We had to fish from 7am to 2pm in blistering fly infested heat. Only one sheephead and two silver bass. Seven walleye 27 to 30 inch. One 24inch, one 22 inch, and one 18 inch. Caught 4 on eight colors of leadcore. Caught 6 on Dipseys 120 @ 3 setting and 90 @ 11/2 setting (average). Caught all on antifreeze or pink double willows. Hope this helps guys. It has not been an easy year for walleye so far.
    Pardon my ignorance but where exactly is the peninsula point???

Erie PA, tip of the peninsula, rt #832 north till you hit water,
    Thanks for the report, Ill be there fri, sat and sunday, hope my fuel pump came in...
    Good luck to all, Rick
    Rick

Dr Ed
    Prime time gave a good location for the point. After reading your unselfish and detailed fishing reports I thought maybe by reciprocating it would encourage other to join in as well. We all know that there are few worthwhile reports here compared to the western basin forum. We have been hammering them pretty good these past couple of weeks out of Coneaut. Will be going back there this Sunday. I expect the big numbers will be showing up.

Nice report Rubecat.

We will be going out of Walnut Sunday. I will make sure we post results.
    20' Sea Ray

Thanks Rubecat!
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

Thank you for the kind words. I plan to launch from Conneaut tomorrow for the first time this season and fish north of a perch pack if there is one. Any suggestions on location and presentation will be just between us...pause for laughter. Ch. 68