Fri/Sat Perch Fri/Sat Perch Fri/Sat Perch Fri/Sat Perch

Thread: Fri/Sat Perch

Default Fri/Sat Perch

Two of us finished with 17 nice fish off the airport on Kelly's. They were calling for less than 2 ft. waves. It was more like 4-5 ft. waves. It was very slow fishing on Friday.
    Today three of us fished S of Green, S of Rattlesnake, SW of Middle Bass, and off the S. Bass state park which is where we did the best. Only kept 29 decent perch. Caught fish in every spot but they were all 6" fish. Out west it' s pickle city. Boat is coming out next week putting an end to the worst perch season I've ever experienced.

Default Sat perch

4 of us fished between Green and Rattle sat also.Only 36 keepers. I agree it's been a very bad year.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeRateII View Post
    Two of us finished with 17 nice fish off the airport on Kelly's. They were calling for less than 2 ft. waves. It was more like 4-5 ft. waves. It was very slow fishing on Friday.
    Today three of us fished S of Green, S of Rattlesnake, SW of Middle Bass, and off the S. Bass state park which is where we did the best. Only kept 29 decent perch. Caught fish in every spot but they were all 6" fish. Out west it' s pickle city. Boat is coming out next week putting an end to the worst perch season I've ever experienced.
    Agreed. Not glad, but comforting to know it is not just me. Between weather, size, and these reports it's hard to get enthused with other things tugging...

We trolled this morning with nothing to show or it. Then went perchin on NW corner of South Bass. It was up and down immediately for 2 hours until we quit, but 8 of 10 were dinks. Only kept about 20. I've been perch in for many years and I dont ever recall so many small ones! Oh well, next year should be good!