spoon painting colors spoon painting colors spoon painting colors spoon painting colors

Default spoon painting colors

which spoons work good with a chartouse back

Purple, pink, blue, silver, gold, red, green, orange. That's with chartreuse as a back color. Lots of purple or pink back colors too.
    It all depends on the day.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    Purple, pink, blue, silver, gold, red, green, orange. That's with chartreuse as a back color. Lots of purple or pink back colors too.
    It all depends on the day.
    I'll second that! Purple and pink are probably two of my most consistent colors...... as far as the 'back' color, some days chartreuse is good, some days pink backs are really good. Spoon colors can change day to day, and hour by hour sometimes, depends on water condition, clarity, and where the sun is at.
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Boy how things change, at one time you only had 2 choices on the backs as silver or copper, hooks are either a single or treble, and now its backs in chartreuse or pink. I only know of 2 in my box one stinger Blueberry Muffin with a chartreuse back and a Silver Streak Purple Demon with a pink back. Geez, it was only a few years back it was the color antifreeze was hot. I sure hope
    that it don't start a craze like the one with the custom cranks out there. lol.

Gene

Default trolling spoons

well the texas winds have been terable the last couple of weeks so the kayak is put up and redfish has come to a halt. started to refill my trolling spoons for the 2018 season. Thanks for the replys on the spoon colors. I ended up with all pink and chartrouse backs with some plain copper with a lot of gold. Here are a few of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images spoon painting colors-20180226_131432-jpg spoon painting colors-20180226_131419-jpg spoon painting colors-20180226_131422-jpg spoon painting colors-20180226_132200-jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    Boy how things change, at one time you only had 2 choices on the backs as silver or copper, hooks are either a single or treble, and now its backs in chartreuse or pink. I only know of 2 in my box one stinger Blueberry Muffin with a chartreuse back and a Silver Streak Purple Demon with a pink back. Geez, it was only a few years back it was the color antifreeze was hot. I sure hope
    that it don't start a craze like the one with the custom cranks out there. lol.

Gene

I still like the chrome backs, but my favorites seem to follow the purple and pink color schemes on the fronts. Last year I was getting them on chrome and orange Mepps Cyclops spoons the large ones. I bought some 4 inch Michigan spoons I am going to pull this year. Will see what happens.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

LtDan, I like some of your color schemes for sure especially the "Bloody Nose" I have that one in 4 sizes and only bought one as a joke for a fishin' buddy who puts one out all the time, but I purchased a old Silver Leaf in that color it was about 4" long he used it and caught the smallest white bass ever it was not as long as the spoon. It is a good choice tho. Years ago the copper backed Stinger Scorpions were sold at Happy Hooker. and was told it is a must at the WB. Funny is that when Capt. Dan had his Happy Hooker painted it was on a silver blank. Never understood that man at all.

Gene