Fishing with Sam, Tyler, and Tim 3/28/17 Fishing with Sam, Tyler, and Tim 3/28/17 Fishing with Sam, Tyler, and Tim 3/28/17 Fishing with Sam, Tyler, and Tim 3/28/17

Default Fishing with Sam, Tyler, and Tim 3/28/17

Met my crew, and Capt Kevin's crew, at Big Bopper's for breakfast at 7am this morning.

Yesterday, I had Gary, Lane, and Greg....and, Kevin had Sam, Tyler, and Tim. Today we flip flopped our crews...so, today I had Sam, Tyler, and Tim with me, and Kevin took the other three with him.

After breakfast, we headed over to Mazurik's to launch at 8am. We headed back to the area north of Kelly's, because we didn't hear of any better water clarity than what we had there.

The skies were gray, the winds were out of the north, and the waves were 1-3 feet all day. The fishing was tough again for us, but we managed to put 4 in the box, throw one back that was too small, and lost a bigger fish behind the boat. (Kevin's crew had it even tougher, when they only managed one in the box today).

I had a very small spot out in the middle of no where....giving it no rhyme or reason why that one very small area was producing bites for us. Any time we crossed that spot, we would pick up a fish. The last time we passed over it, we had a double go off, but one of those fish is the one we lost behind the boat.

Bandits were the ticket again, and 90 and 100 were the magic numbers. Purple Hot Tiger, Black Gold, and Crown Juls were the three colors that caught fish for us. Speed, was slower today.....08-1.1

It was a fun day getting to know the other 1/2 of the South Dakota crew, and I enjoyed their company very much. They are very good fishermen, and a pleasure to fish with.

Tomorrow, we will be heading back up there again, because the guys we know that were headed to the west side of the islands, to check out the water clarity said it still stinks over there. Too much mud still.

So, until tomorrow....Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Sam, Tyler, and Tim 3/28/17-fishing-sam_tyler_tim_3_28_17img_8652-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 03-28-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice catch juls! 90 - 100 ft. Would that be with braided line? Thanks for the post. Hopefully we will be heading up there next wkend..
    1997 Lund Genmar 2450 SC
    15 Yamaha-TR1 Gold
    Fish Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorbater View Post
    Nice catch juls! 90 - 100 ft. Would that be with braided line? Thanks for the post. Hopefully we will be heading up there next wkend..

No, I use mono...Sunline Super Natural 16# test in green
    [email protected]

Water temp still around 36-37 degrees? Thanks

Nubie in training. Why green??? Water color?? Juls

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    No, I use mono...Sunline Super Natural 16# test in green
    Very interested in switching from braid to mono. I have had issues with the braid being too slick and not being able to detect strikes with the tattle flags on my inlines. Seems to slide through the clips regardless of what clip I use.

Can you tell me how long you have been using the Sunline and how much you like it? Also what do you use for leaders?

Thanks,

Matt

I use the Sunline on all trolling rods. I have never had an issue on slipping or knots. It's the best super mono out there. I got mine on Amazon for under 10 bucks

I use Ande tournament series in green. 16# is the same diameter as 10# XT so your dive curves are accurate. Awesome line, very abrasion resistant. I don't run a leader, Ande line goes straight to a snap swivel using a palomar knot. No issues with boards or tattle flags

Quote Originally Posted by Jiga-Byte View Post
    Can you tell me how long you have been using the Sunline and how much you like it? Also what do you use for leaders?
    I've been using the Sunline for 3 years now. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be using it....simple as that.

When you say, "Leaders", do you mean for tying crawler harnesses? If so, I use their 20# fluorocarbon for those.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    I've been using the Sunline for 3 years now. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be using it....simple as that.

When you say, "Leaders", do you mean for tying crawler harnesses? If so, I use their 20# fluorocarbon for those.
    I meant for anything you would troll that required a diver. Whether it be spoon, harness, etc.. So I assume your using the Sunline straight to the lure when trolling crank baits, and then the 20# flouro when a diving mechanism is required, whether it be a Tadpole, Jet, TT, etc..

Matt