Walleye Walleye Walleye Walleye

Thread: Walleye

Default Walleye

Saturday's perch fishing was as unproductive as the last two weekends. So Sunday I decided to do something different. I had never walleye fished in the central part of the lake, just came over here to catch perch. Whenever I wanted a walleye I would head out of Wild Wings and drift a hair jig or harness. Never gave trolling much thought, but since the perch fishing was flat, and I am keeping the boat at Copper Kettle this year, I was ready to try it. I stopped at George's Gun and Tackle, and he sold me some Husky Jerks, and said run out 40 to 50 feet of line and drive the boat one and a half mile an hour. It was surprisingly productive and enjoyable, between trying to keep the boat straight, and reeling in the fish there was never a dull moment. Kept 6 walleye, took a picture of the 2 best ones. Caught a lot of throw backs, sheep head, white bass and small walleye. Started east from Beaver Creek around 11am, and came into the harbor during the storm (soaking wet and cold).
    Attached Images Attached Images Walleye-img_20160605_203050-jpg 

Great day on the water. Nice Eyes!!

Default Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by 5285 View Post
    Saturday's perch fishing was as unproductive as the last two weekends. So Sunday I decided to do something different. I had never walleye fished in the central part of the lake, just came over here to catch perch. Whenever I wanted a walleye I would head out of Wild Wings and drift a hair jig or harness. Never gave trolling much thought, but since the perch fishing was flat, and I am keeping the boat at Copper Kettle this year, I was ready to try it. I stopped at George's Gun and Tackle, and he sold me some Husky Jerks, and said run out 40 to 50 feet of line and drive the boat one and a half mile an hour. It was surprisingly productive and enjoyable, between trying to keep the boat straight, and reeling in the fish there was never a dull moment. Kept 6 walleye, took a picture of the 2 best ones. Caught a lot of throw backs, sheep head, white bass and small walleye. Started east from Beaver Creek around 11am, and came into the harbor during the storm (soaking wet and cold).
    I also dock at Copper Kettle. What depth of water where you trolling in?

35 feet of water