lodging lodging lodging lodging

Thread: lodging

Default lodging

I'm sorry I did a search and found some info on the possible places for lodging. typically I will stay in a hotel near port clinton and trailer my boat everyday. 18.5' stratos .... Im looking for alternatives as I may be staying for 7 days. I see that 1 or 2 condos may be for rent near wild wings. Does anyone know if the charters will rent out their trailers near wild wings? I assume most of the trailers are owned by the charters anyway. I'm not sure how that would work with the boat anyway. thanks again for the help and sorry that I'm asking about something that already has been discussed.

Tibbels Marina on East Harbor has everything you need. The rooms are nothing fancy but they are reasonable and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by bdrieck View Post
    I'm sorry I did a search and found some info on the possible places for lodging. typically I will stay in a hotel near port clinton and trailer my boat everyday. 18.5' stratos .... Im looking for alternatives as I may be staying for 7 days. I see that 1 or 2 condos may be for rent near wild wings. Does anyone know if the charters will rent out their trailers near wild wings? I assume most of the trailers are owned by the charters anyway. I'm not sure how that would work with the boat anyway. thanks again for the help and sorry that I'm asking about something that already has been discussed.
    I have never used WW ramps but have been told they are really steep so you may want to take that into consideration.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonphil View Post
    Tibbels Marina on East Harbor has everything you need. The rooms are nothing fancy but they are reasonable and clean.
    I will second that and they are really nice people with bait and ice on site with a diner just across the street form the marina entrance. Highway baits are also just across the street from Tibbles for harder to get tackle. But they are considerable distance from the reefs by water. It mostly depends on what you are looking for.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I will second that and they are really nice people with bait and ice on site with a diner just across the street form the marina entrance. Highway baits are also just across the street from Tibbles for harder to get tackle. But they are considerable distance from the reefs by water. It mostly depends on what you are looking for.
    I am new to this site and and really looking forward to spending a lot of time on the water this year and using the information that everyone posts, it is greatly appreciated.If you don't have any luck finding a place to stay our condo in Green Cove may be available.

Any info on this? I reached out to someone else on the subject, and didn't get a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan2 View Post
    If you don't have any luck finding a place to stay our condo in Green Cove may be available.

Cycleguy I sent you a pm.

We picked up a brochure last weekend from a place called Little Ted's, place looked clean and also has docks. There website is: www.littletedscottages.com. They were closed and I don't know when they will be open for the season. Good Luck...

My recommendation would be to rent a condo in green cove. They average 80 to 120 a night. Most have a dock right outside the condo and a very short trip to the lake. They have fish cleaning houses with electric and a freezer for the waste. They are just in a great location.

Little Teds cottages on East Harbor has about everything a fisherman needs. It is clean and well kept with ample parking for trailered boats or well protected docks if you choose. There is a fish cleaning building with disposal dumpsters. Only about a mile from Mazurik access. Last I heard they are opening on April 22.