First trip in 4 years for my boat. First trip in 4 years for my boat. First trip in 4 years for my boat. First trip in 4 years for my boat.

Default First trip in 4 years for my boat.

Put my boat in for first time since June 2012. Decided to take a shakedown cruise yesterday with a scoop of minnows and some ice. Set down in 15 ft. off Reno Beach and it was fast action. 1st and 30th fish were 10 inchers and rest 7.5 to 9.5 Only 1 golby, all the rest perch. Mixture of emeralds and goldens from Meinkes but fish didn't care. Outside of about 15 minutes when wind shifted it was non stop. 2.50 till 4.30. Great to be fishing on my boat again!
    Last edited by legalskater; 10-08-2016 at 02:13 PM.

That's awesome.I can't imagine not going out on my boat for 4 years.My boat sat all summer and I just made it up to Catawba this week.I was having withdrawals.

Quote Originally Posted by legalskater View Post
    Put my boat in for first time since June 2012. Decided to take a shakedown cruise yesterday with a scoop of minnows and some ice. Set down in 15 ft. off Reno Beach and it was fast action. 1st and 30th fish were 10 inchers and rest 7.5 to 9.5 Only 1 golby, all the rest perch. Mixture of emeralds and goldens from Meinkes but fish didn't care. Outside of about 15 minutes when wind shifted it was non stop. 2.50 till 4.30. Great to be fishing on my boat again!
    That's great I was in the same place from 2 till 430 and got my limit weighing 7 lbs at the cleaners but they were really backed up.I guess everybody did good. Legalskater is that the name of your boat I think I have seen it in the channel at mienkes closest to courderoy road. Congrats on getting back in the boat.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Yes Matt. I am up by Corduroy Rd. and My boat is Legal Skater. I left my fish at Butch and Dennys hoping to have them for supper tonight. Was told they would be ready after 6 today but at 645 they still hadn't started on them. So they were really swamped.

Good to see the LegalSkater back on the water. Looking forward to getting out with you Terry. One thing about the LegalSkater...when he fishes he posts and shares. Not like many on here who come here for tips but never give any of their own...

Went out to same spot today and water was stained. Fished about 20 minutes and got 1. Moved out about 1/2 mile to 16 ft. and got our
    fish by 1145. Had 14 lbs. in about 2.5 hrs and 1 walleye. Started with3 sweatshirts and a Stormy Kromer and finished with a t shirt. Flat calm for last hour. Got a couple spike eyes and about 4 whites but all perch other than that. Shiners and spreaders.
    Last edited by legalskater; 10-10-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Way to go Legalskater. I am amazed to see fish being caught so many different depths right now. With stained water west, buddy trailered east today. Got 3 man limit of very nice sized fish. North of Kelly's. Best day of the year for us.

Yes it is some pretty good perching up and down the shore. I forgot to say we got pulled over at the mouth of Cooley Canal today by the DNR. They rafted off us and took our cooler and counted the fish then checked the live well and minnow bucket. They told me that they were at the Turnaround and the boats they checked only had a few fish. Glad we counted ours before we quit. Just heard a friend of mine was 5 over and got hit with a $115 fine last week.