Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17 Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17 Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17 Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17

Default Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17

The crew showed up last night, while I was cleaning the Ranger, because they wanted to know in advance where I lived.
    I had asked them to meet me early in the morning....meaning it would be dark out when they were looking for my house. I told them that I would leave the porch light on, and light up the trailer lights, so they could find the house easily.

I said to meet at my house at 5am, and Joe said, "That's fine. We might even be a little bit early" (I secretly smiled inside). So, I was mildly surprised when they actually did show up a little early.....a half hour early, in fact.

We headed over to Turtle Creek to launch, but we were earlier than I wanted to be there. So, I readied the boat and told them that we were going to wait for it to get a little bit lighter out. We launched at 5:20, rode out the channel, and were setting lines by 5:40am.

There was a light SE wind, and the waves were 1 foot or less. The sky was cloudy with just some streaks of a sunrise that was visible, coming up in the east, and a thunderstorm way over to the west, that was headed north, and away from us. The water temperature was up to 57.4 degrees, and the air temp was around 60 degrees.

We ran the same program as the previous two days....All Bandits....Taco Salad at 40 back, Blue Chrome at 45 back, and Crown Juls at 50 back. All baits took fish....and, again, it was a faster bite before the sun came up, and slowed down as soon as it was light out. However, the bite was a little better each day after the sunrise, so I think that the "Full Moon Effect" is diminishing, and we'll get back to that regular daytime bite again.

Two days ago, it took 1 hour to catch our limit of 18 fish....yesterday, it took 2 hours....and, today it took 3 hours and 15 minutes. So, I think I'll get that extra sleep in the morning and start launching at my normal time of 6am again....woot! woot!

Tomorrow's charter is an add on to one of Capt Kevin's trips....it's a 4 day "company deal" where he's taking three of the 6 people, and I'm taking 3 of them, over the next 4 days. They are staying out on South Bass Island for the rest of the week, and we'll be picking them up on the island, on the days that it's possible.

I think tomorrow they may have to take the ferry across and let us pick them up, so we can launch from the mainland. The winds are forecast for 15-25 (gusts to 30) out of the south west. That will be too rough to pick them up out there.

So, stay tuned.....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17-fishing-joe-skip-5_16_17img_9039-jpg Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17-fishing-joe-skip-5_16_17img_9041-jpg Fishing with Joe and Skip 5/16/17-fishing-joe-skip-5_16_17img_9045-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice report . Now down to the nitty gritty . What does the "Crown Juls" look like.

Gene

Way to go!!! Nice batch of fish in that livewell. Wish I were there, but soon enough hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    Nice report . Now down to the nitty gritty . What does the "Crown Juls" look like.

Gene
    Purple back, silver sides, and orange belly
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Well done Capt Juls
    I got a text from them on their way home sounds like a good time was had by all.
    I'll take my commission in the form of brownies next time around

Thanks for sharing