First time out First time out First time out First time out

Thread: First time out

Default First time out

First off what a beautiful day to be on the water. Been waiting a long time to get out and fish and wasn't disappointed. Pulling small inline boards is something new to us and we struggled a bit at the start but then things started to click. We started trolling off the south east corner of South Bass east off the ferry line and put one in the boat on a Bandit 55 back in what I think is called Fruit Dots (back head wonderbread body). It was a nice fish but it had a bunch of nasty growth on it so I returned to the lake. Fished the area hard and was marking fish but couldn't get em going. Moved over on the west side of Mouse a went a long time with out a bite and then found some feeders that were willing to play, ended up going 5 for 6 and everything caught had to have purple on it two came on DHJ's 60 back and three came on Reef Runners 45 to 55 back. Our trolling speed today was between 1.4 to 1.7.
    We ate fresh walleye tonight for dinner

Thanks to everyone that has shared some info, the programs gave me a starting point. Although we didn't put up large numbers we had a great time. Had to quit before we wanted to because a boat problem that has already been taken care of. Going to give it another go tomorrow

Good Luck to anyone fishing tomorrow

Cheers

Nice job on the successful first trip! How many FOW was best for you near mouse if you don't mind my asking?

Quote Originally Posted by mikecat13 View Post
    Nice job on the successful first trip! How many FOW was best for you near mouse if you don't mind my asking?
    24 to 28

Thanks