Bula perch 9-28 9-29 Bula perch 9-28 9-29 Bula perch 9-28 9-29 Bula perch 9-28 9-29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bula perch 9-28 9-29

fished the 59.2 52.2 for perch day 1 60 fish 37 pounds, day 2 41 pounds 60 fish right on the bottom up and down. We walleyed on sunday after the perch and went 4 for 5 and today 1 for 3. Fished the 03 44 on sunday and today right where we perched. stick baits behind dipsey's. Our personal best on perch throwing back 10.5 inchers. no 14 inchers but about 5 fish o's and lots of 11 and 12's. I know this post belongs on the central basin but if you can trailer your boat you won't be dissapointed. Scuba steve took my advice last year and he's hooked on bula, the conny perch bite is just as good.

Those are really nice perch. What are the options for launching your boat out of bula or conny? Where would be a good place to stay? I've wanted to fish that area for a long time, but I only have 2 open weekends from August to first weekend of November due to coaching HS cross country. This weekend is one of them, but right now weather does not look like it is going to cooperate.

Never been up there myself but here is a link to a thread with one reccomendation.

http://community.walleye.com/showthread.php?t=7946
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

nice ramps at conny and lake shore park you can get bait at the ramps, snug harbor is in conny the have an automated fish report, lots of hotels we like the cedar lodge in ashtabula, they have a fish cleaner at the hotel or you can use their fish cleaning table. you can google their numbers.

Agree with cedars motel in Ashtabula. This past weekend in Conny we stayed at lakefront motel. Beautiful lake view from there. Right beside snug harbor

Default Very nice!

Damn......I'm supposed to be switching to archery season and then you go and post stuff like this!

Hell of a job on those perch Dave!

Default Bula bula

Just laying in wait right now. As soon as the winds switch back south/southeast or drop to variable I'll be there. Leaving boat behind. Plan on 3-4 trips with 3-4 day windows per trip. Attached are a few pics from last year. It seems the later in October the jumbos move in. I hope for a couple off days to share quality time with my Ashtabula girlfriend too

Damm jig , I like your girlfriend ! Nice fish to lol

Default phewy

Hey, got any open seats ! I'm in. Fishin should be good too !!