Weather this weekend Weather this weekend Weather this weekend Weather this weekend

Default Weather this weekend

Anyone giving it a try this weekend. Sunday doesn't look too bad.

Default View on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Work week View Post
    Anyone giving it a try this weekend. Sunday doesn't look too bad.
    Was up yesterday to work on my boat. Drove along shore at Port Clinton. Very muddy mess. Stout north wind and whitecaps and brown water as far as we could see. It looked ugly. We had some 60 mph winds in region Tues night. Strong rain and most of the rivers between home and there were running high and chocolate milk. Sometimes you get em in dirty water, but for what it is worth that is what I saw. maybe it is different further east.

We live about 4 hours away. we called it off this morning. (sunday) Yesterday too. I have a 19 ft. Tracker and have been out there quite a few times...but i dont like the 3 foot waves. when they say 1 to 3 it stops us. I wish we had someone close to ask all we can do is go by the internet advice. it is usually on target though. I dont know how far out they are getting them now but i heard it was east of kelleys island and 5 to 10 out. About 3 weeks ago we killed em over by Niagra. and that was jigging. Got lucky. I am set up for trolling too and that was on our agenda for this weekend. Hope next weekend is good.

Don't get discouraged. The best is yet to come. This patterns happens every year. We fish addicts get anxious when ice is off and try it earlier than the the conditions will call for. In a couple of weeks the water will clear it wil get in the low forties and the big girls will be at the reefs and we all will be happy happy happy
    Justin Pickett
    F/V Motor Mouth
    Parker 2320 SL
    Foxhaven Marina

Quote Originally Posted by pappyon View Post
    We live about 4 hours away. we called it off this morning. (sunday) Yesterday too. I have a 19 ft. Tracker and have been out there quite a few times...but i dont like the 3 foot waves. when they say 1 to 3 it stops us. I wish we had someone close to ask all we can do is go by the internet advice. it is usually on target though. I dont know how far out they are getting them now but i heard it was east of kelleys island and 5 to 10 out. About 3 weeks ago we killed em over by Niagra. and that was jigging. Got lucky. I am set up for trolling too and that was on our agenda for this weekend. Hope next weekend is good.
    Pappyon I have the same situation not knowing if it's to ruff or to muddy. Go to cranberrycreekmarina.com they have a live web cam of the lake it helps to determine the conditions. Also check iwindsurf for the area you want to fish it's usually pretty accurate. To see if it's to muddy check the data satellite imagies. This helps me out.

thank you!!! Where do you live? are you as far away as we are? It would be great to find a group of guys who love the walleye hunt and email back and forth with info.

I'll try this again, I live on the lake off of the reef complex. I can see about a mile to a mile and a half offshore. The lake is muddy and I can not see a mudline. Don't see any whitecaps either so I would guess that waves are mostly under 3 feet. Wind looks to be coming from the east maybe southeast. If you fish this part of the lake and this helps, let me know.

Thank you!! 3 feet is a little much for us in a 19 foot boat. Low profile tracker. I dont mind it when we jig but trolling in 3 footers suck. I know the far west is muddy. We usually go out of fenwick....but we thought about the one over by cedar point. Mazurik? Then we could go north and east to get out of the muddy water. Just to troll. I have put in on catawba too just depended on what we read about the fishing. It is early and i have to keep reminding myself that too. Last month we went out of catawba and really done well on niagra reef.A bit of a haul but it was worth it. Actually just west of the reef jigging hair jigs...but we found this little thing we ad to it and it really produces fish. The fish were all jacks and not huge but darn good eaters. One huge female that we released. are you near the besse tower? When you look at the lake what part is it?

Yes, Besse is my neighbor. If you usually come up on weekends, let me know. I will check here on Thursdays and let you know what the lake looks like. Your "little thing" has everybody curious,I'm sure.
    Thank you!! 3 feet is a little much for us in a 19 foot boat. Low profile tracker. I dont mind it when we jig but trolling in 3 footers suck. I know the far west is muddy. We usually go out of fenwick....but we thought about the one over by cedar point. Mazurik? Then we could go north and east to get out of the muddy water. Just to troll. I have put in on catawba too just depended on what we read about the fishing. It is early and i have to keep reminding myself that too. Last month we went out of catawba and really done well on niagra reef.A bit of a haul but it was worth it. Actually just west of the reef jigging hair jigs...but we found this little thing we ad to it and it really produces fish. The fish were all jacks and not huge but darn good eaters. One huge female that we released. are you near the besse tower? When you look at the lake what part is it?