Out of Vermilion Sat 6/26 Out of Vermilion Sat 6/26 Out of Vermilion Sat 6/26 Out of Vermilion Sat 6/26

Default Out of Vermilion Sat 6/26

We left our Vermilion dock at 6:00AM and headed towards the Sand Bar.
    Stopped at 30-20 where we marked a few fish, decided to troll for 30 minutes.
    Put out Stinger spoons on 3oz inline weights 40,50,60 & 70 back, no takers, so pulled the lines and headed to a mile West of 33-20 and trolled East to 33-18 and back and forth between these 2 points.
    In a water depth of between 41 and 44 ft we marked fish and threw Spoons, Bandits, and Willow bladed harness's at them and all we could catch were Sheephead.
    About 10:00AM as the wind dropped and it warmed up the bite completely died.
    Breeze got up about noon and we pulled a Walleye on a spoon and eventually got 3, all nice eaters, total 12 lbs.
    Worm harness's got 2 and a Bandit got 1, all on 3oz inlines fishing at about 25 feet down at around 1.8 mph

It seems that many boats headed out to the Weather Buoy and there were catching on Reefrunners 100, 120 back unweighted.

Small black flies and bugs were a pest but did not drive us off the water.

Here is a map of our own main fishing spots out of Vermilion.
    [The numbers are Lat/Lon coordinates. EG. 30-22 = N41 30.000 W82 22.000]

Out of Vermilion Sat 6/26-morning_mist_le_map-jpg
    Last edited by Roy Page; 07-12-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

800 views and not a single comment
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

Sounds like lots of ppl looking for info, just not sharing. I heard the area I posted about last week, just a mile or so n of the breakwall was like a parking lot from family members just out boating. He said he could hardly find a line through to come in. I am sure some of those ppl caught fish, be nice to hear what was going on. I normally fish the western, but like to ready over hear cause we do come over sonetimes. Thanks ago Roy for the info and clarifying of the locations

Default Consistently Getting Walleye

We have been consistently getting walleye (for the past 3 weeks) running tadpoles (#3) with 5 foot leader and chartreuse willow harnesses. I am running them out 105 - 120 ft out (use 10lb XT). I am regularly changing speeds between 1.7mph and 2.5 mph. 50% of strikes are taking place within 30 seconds or so after speed changes in either direction.

Basically have been running the west side of the sand bar trolling a big square (1 mile each direction). Staying west of the pack of boats. When that has slowed down, I head about 5 miles south and troll in front of Copper Kettle using the same tactics. I have been concentrating on 48 foot of water and had good success. Not great sizes, but no junk and few throw backs.

We also had good success on July 4th about a mile north of St. Anthony's - Trolling east. Running tadpoles (3#) about 70ft out and running about 2.2 mph. Any harness with a worm on it was working here.

Everything we have caught has been using planer boards at least 30 ft out. Walleye seem spooked running identical rigs behind the boat.

We have had to check our crawlers regularly. Bites have been light and short. Dragged a couple of 18 inchers for a while without noticing. Had bait stolen and dragged the harnesses for a while without noticing. If we aren't getting fish on a pole within 10-15 minutes, we are checking bait.

Hope this helps someone.

Default All views and no responses

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    Sounds like lots of ppl looking for info, just not sharing. I heard the area I posted about last week, just a mile or so n of the breakwall was like a parking lot from family members just out boating. He said he could hardly find a line through to come in. I am sure some of those ppl caught fish, be nice to hear what was going on. I normally fish the western, but like to ready over hear cause we do come over sonetimes. Thanks ago Roy for the info and clarifying of the locations
    Can't the webmaster lock out unregistered people from viewing all but the first comment? Make it so no one can view responses to the first comment. B.S IMO!

Thanks Roy! Great info and the map alone deserves a bump.

Look forward to getting East and your info is very much appreciated by myself and I am sure, many like me, who just have nothing to add to the forums about Central basin, yet.

Please keep the good info coming and I will surely add any rookie info I might be able to provide in the coming weeks when I get out your way.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

4th of July weekend, we were fishing in 48 fow west of the pack of boats by the sand bar (out of Lorain). Fished 3 days and caught good numbers (48 keepers)). Not very big fish, but no junk and very few throw backs. Fishing 95-120 foot of line out running #3 tadpoles with willow blade crawler harnesses (chartreuse) off planer boards at least 30 ft out. Trolling between 1.7 and 2.5 mph. Fish hit best when changing speeds up or down. Usually hooked up within 30 seconds after changing speeds. Fish would not bite on anything running straight off the back of the boat. If it wasn't on a planer board, they seemed spooked to hit it. Had to check bait often. Either there would be an 18 incher getting dragged, or crawler was gone if not hooked up in 10-15 minutes. Lots of lines in and out all day. There didn't seem any better time of the day to catch. I fished early Saturday and limited out in 4 hours with 3 guys (7:00 am -11 ish). I fished early afternoon on Sunday with 3 guys and caught 15 in 3 hours. Monday we fished from 8:00 am til about 1 and caught 15. Lots of lost bait and a few fish got off short of the boat.