Took a drive, there is some ice Took a drive, there is some ice Took a drive, there is some ice Took a drive, there is some ice

Default Took a drive, there is some ice

Needed a few thing from the lake so took a drive today, the sandusky bay is mostly iced over, our boat basin back on the portage river has about 4 inches of ice near the shore. Yes I did break through just to find out. The city beach in port clinton has mounds of broken white ice that has washed ashore, did not have too much other spare time to explore, but the lake from Port clinton was still rippling. Just some shore ice. Not sure if other places with direct lake access are skimmed over or not.

Should be interesting to see how it sets up this season. Last year was my first ever paying attention to it (from WI). The good, and safe ice sheet made it a great first experience and trip to enjoy what you all have in the back yard. Last year's freak cold and long winter are like the polar opposite of 2016.

Has the western side of the lake, ever not frozen over in recent memory? At least to the point where locals were out without those airboats?

Quote Originally Posted by cycleguy View Post
    Should be interesting to see how it sets up this season. Last year was my first ever paying attention to it (from WI). The good, and safe ice sheet made it a great first experience and trip to enjoy what you all have in the back yard. Last year's freak cold and long winter are like the polar opposite of 2016.

Has the western side of the lake, ever not frozen over in recent memory? At least to the point where locals were out without those airboats?
    2012 we were trolling the last week of February got my personal best 13lbs 5oz March 5. There are guys and gals out fishing open water today(I'm stuck at work). I don't believe there will be safe ice this year.
    Last edited by Panfisher1402; 01-09-2016 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling