how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 397 of 465 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4646

Fished east & west of Dunkirk today , 40-60 fow, 1 steelie & 2 sheeps that was it. One charter had 8 eyes that was the best we heard. Sounds like we should have done Buffalo end, my S@!t luck again !!

Fished from SP to Myers yesterday. 5 Walleye. Lost one at the boat. A few bass too. Used sticks, worm harnesses, jets, lead core.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

PS - I can't tell you who lost the one at the boat.
    I wasn't involved with that spectacle. I was on the other side of the boat. But as captain I accept all responsibility for the actions of my crew.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Caught 3 Saturday evening, in two hours off Hamburg, in 35 fow on a pink harness. Dragged a shadrap also, but only caught bass on that. Surface temperature up to 66 degrees yesterday.

fished yesterday late morning early afternoon and got skunked by the wind mills I should stick with night fishing
    jeff

Quote Originally Posted by milt View Post
    fished yesterday late morning early afternoon and got skunked by the wind mills I should stick with night fishing
    jeff
    Would you agree that this is the time of day that is usually the least productive time to fish for walleye? I've found that dusk and dawn work best for me. My guess is that I'm fishing at the start of, and end of, their daily feeding pattern. I have not fished in darkness for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto View Post
    Would you agree that this is the time of day that is usually the least productive time to fish for walleye? I've found that dusk and dawn work best for me. My guess is that I'm fishing at the start of, and end of, their daily feeding pattern. I have not fished in darkness for years.
    I some what agree with you heat of the day boat traffic at that time of day, i didn't see one boat net a fish when i was out there just a bad day for me i guess
    jeff

I was out Saturday am, got one of the bat. nice eater 18", was of the windmills then headed west. Harness on 5 color lc, goby colored blade. Water temp on the probe was 65-51, warmest water was off the windmills, coldest the farther west you go.

Question for all you leadcore guys out there...

On average, would a setup with 2-3 colors in combination with torpedo divers catch as many deep fish in summer as a 7-10 color setup?

Short.....
    My guess is that the 7 - 10 color would have more vertical travel in the water column as the boat speed varies and your direction changes (turns). So I think a 7 - 10 color lead line would catch more fish..... but it depends on the day and the fish too. If you just so happen to have a high concentration of fish right where your "3 color plus torpedo" is running, it might take more fish than a lead core line.
    I've never run torpedos, but do fish leadcores...... so I might be biased.
    Run the experiment, and let us know!