perching 9-9 perching 9-9 perching 9-9 perching 9-9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perching 9-9

Default perching 9-9

Well tried it again on Tuesday and the same results! I will say that I heard something very funny, A bait shop owner said that I am in the wrong school of perch and that I need to find the school with bigger fish, said that I'm concentrating on the smaller schools of perch..... Maybe I'm wrong but I have found that when I start catching perch I always catch the smaller ones first then I usually start picking away at the big ones.

I also had been hearing that using salad shrimp beats minnows 3 to 1, well we conducted an experiment. Green emeralds out caught shrimp about 5 to 1 I will say though that the shrimp caught the biggest one of the day 10 incher.

I started out by stoney point 26 feet of water nothing, Fermi from 24 to 26 feet nothing, sputnik by the green buoy and a few, Toledo lighthouse not much, we caught over 80 but only kept 28 which included some dinks that would've died had I thrown them back.

I'm not afraid of driving around to find them but everyone I talk to says that they are having about the same kind of luck. Any suggestions? boat is trailered by SSP willing to drive some to get them.

Help! maybe I'm just holding my mouth wrong

Quote Originally Posted by trollingfool View Post

I started out by stoney point 26 feet of water nothing, Fermi from 24 to 26 feet nothing, sputnik by the green buoy and a few, Toledo lighthouse not much, we caught over 80 but only kept 28 which included some dinks that would've died had I thrown them

Dinks are call TOOTSIE ROLLS! LOL

I got some awesome perch at the SE corner of Kellys Island Monday Afternoon! Hardly any JUNK! Gold weapons were used put in at Mazuriks Also did well on the north side of Mouse Island before the storm hit yesterday! Heading to VERMILLION Sunday morning for BIG ones!
    Last edited by BLACK PEARL; 09-11-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Smile come to island area

like black pearl said, capt juls, reel sport, skipper nine, and all the rest fishing the island area the perch fishing is great the walleyes are starting to turn back on, lots of jumbos, 2 miles off shore to nine miles off shores it been hot, come on down and join us, very little pressure.

Capt, Mike 419 265 2736

as always any help is appreciated, How far away is Kelly's island from west sister by boat? Is Mazuriks in Oregon ohio? Would it be better to trailer the boat I live 10 miles from SSP.

Thanks for all the info

Nat

Kelly's is approx. 23 miles as the crow flies from West Sister by water,
    Mazurik's is located in Marblehead. Exit 125A off of state route 2 , follow 269 to 163 east approx 2miles, Then left on North Shore approx. 1 mile on left
    very nice access area
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

I'll second throttle down's comment. it's one of the best public ramps around, aside from it usually being busy due to its popularity.

Black pearl you will really like the grade of fish out of vermillion. This is were I have been perch fishing. Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Black pearl you will really like the grade of fish out of vermillion. This is were I have been perch fishing. Good luck...
    How far out of Vermilion are you going? Are they in that mile to two mile range yet?
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Quote Originally Posted by trollingfool View Post
    as always any help is appreciated, How far away is Kelly's island from west sister by boat? Is Mazuriks in Oregon ohio? Would it be better to trailer the boat I live 10 miles from SSP. Thanks for all the info
    Nat
    Your on the same end of the pond as me, Mazurik's is a good 40 minutes past Oregon. It is just past Catawba 15 or so minutes. Your talking about a 40 mile run by water from SSP. Trailer the boat for sure. Huron is another roughly 20 mins past Mazurik's, Vermillion is another 20-30 minutes. You really need to start using those ramps and learn the areas. You won't be sorry. Lots of places to stay for extended weekends.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Are there any fish cleaning houses in the Vermillion area?