Planner boards Planner boards Planner boards Planner boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planner boards

Blog Entries

Default Planner boards

Was wanting some input on what kind of planner boards to buy or if anyone has any for sale
    Last edited by mc captain; 02-02-2016 at 12:42 PM.

The ones we make call Jim (skipper9) 6143277144. If you are looking for big boards of course!
    Last edited by bowguy84; 02-02-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Thanks
    Capt Erik
    Bose-Man Sportfishing

Are you interested in the inline boards such as Church or Off Shore or the big boards?
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Blog Entries

Default Planner boards

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Are you interested in the inline boards such as Church or Off Shore or the big boards?
    want to buy inline boards

I was going to point you in the right direction for the big boards but bowguy84 gave you the same info I would have. Small boards I will recommend either the Church or the Off Shore brand boards. Used ones are hard to come by so you may find that avenue closed to you. They are both good, I personally use the Church TX22 boards, they will also pull more weight than the Off Shore boards boards but are prone to diving every now and then. I definitely would not buy anything other than one of those 2 manufacturers boards. There are allot of China made knock offs out there that are not near as good and most often end up being a major disappointment to their owners.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Blog Entries

Default Planner boards

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I was going to point you in the right direction for the big boards but bowguy84 gave you the same info I would have. Small boards I will recommend either the Church or the Off Shore brand boards. Used ones are hard to come by so you may find that avenue closed to you. They are both good, I personally use the Church TX22 boards, they will also pull more weight than the Off Shore boards boards but are prone to diving every now and then. I definitely would not buy anything other than one of those 2 manufacturers boards. There are allot of China made knock offs out there that are not near as good and most often end up being a major disappointment to their owners.
    Ok thanks for the info

I use the Church Walleye boards with no trouble. Check Gander Mt. $25/board Get one starboard and one port. I run 4 boards.

Dr.Ed is right! I have both and I run the walleye boards on occasion, less often now since I have 8 TX22 boards. They run in the spread with the TX22 boards and stay in formation they will also pull as much as the TX 22 boards. They are very good boards, and as far as I can tell the only difference is that the TX22 boards stay upright while at rest while the walleye boards fall over on their side also the TX22 boards can be set up to run on either side of the boat while the walleye boards are directional. Their is absolutely nothing wrong with the walleye boards. It is only my personal preference to run the TX22 because of the way they float at rest and in a pinch can be converted to run on either side of the boat.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

I run the Off Shore boards here on Erie, and highly recommend them.

Some little tweaks I do is, I change out the front release to the OR-18 release, because it works easily with cold hands and cannot come off the line until you take it off. Nothing worse than having to haul everything in to go pick up a floating board.

They run true in the water, and the spring tension can be changed to use with light swimming baits, or deep diving hard pulling baits. The tattle flag system can be added to let you detect small fish or weeds fouling up your baits that you might not detect until you check your bait.

Frank's Great Outdoors in MI has the best prices on the Off Shore boards, and often have a "2 for price" special going on. www.franksgreatoutdoors.com

What you will need to set up like mine...
    OR12L (port side board)
    OR12R (starboard side board)
    OR18 (Snapper Release)
    The rear release that comes with the board is just fine. It will either be the OR16 (red one with a pin in the center of the pad) or the OR19 (orange one that is the same tension as the OR16, but without a pin).
    Economy Kit Tattle Flag system...this one is cheaper than the full TTF kit. You don't need the full kit, since you already have the flag on the new boards....saves you money.

Whichever board you buy, I agree with the others....buy the ones built in the USA. The China made products are not the same quality and you will be disappointed.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

If going with the Offshore , look up the home made tattle flag. Make them yourself for about 3 bucks a piece. Instead of the 13-19.00 the Offshore one cost.

I prefer the Church Walleye boards. Come with good snaps right out of the box. I even have friends that modified their Offshore to use the Chruch clips so they don't go broke replacing thevOffshore brand clips.