Insurance? Insurance? Insurance? Insurance?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insurance?

I also use progressive

Chumthrower I don't mean to dislike your post down their I must have fat fingered the screen scrolling on my phone lol. I agree with tow insurance I unfortunately have been stuck on the water without it and it cost me big time. Those of tou that have An agreed upon price did someone come out to appraise your boat? I was doing some reading up on it, and I guess I thought it was only for classic cars never thought it was an option for boats.

I shopped around about 4 years ago. Allstate, State Farm, Progressive. Ended up going with Boat US. They cover what ever you declare your boat to be worth (KBB will give you a good idea). Covers $500 of tackle with the fisherman's deal, plus some towing ( I don't remember how much). Then, I supplement with the Boat US membership and the towing option. My sister got her boat stuck on the Sandusky Bay sandbar and had to pay $3000 out of pocket with no tow insurance, so it is definitely worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    It sure does! BossHogg you said you have insurance with State Farm and you pay another $72 for towing insurance from BoatUS, does State Farm not include towing with your policy?

I guess the bottom line is to compare what you are getting for what you are paying. There is some good info on this thread to help people save some money over their boating lifespan.
    They do not include towing, but I can tell you have used the same state farm insurance for 20 years and have had several claims. No questions asked, taken care of, just like I wanted to every time. If I have a total loss of my boat, my policy covers all the electronics, auto pilot, cisco's, etc. plus additional 4K coverage for rods/tackle. I would say I am probably not paying the cheapest, but I have a lot of money wrapped up and I feel confident that if something were to happen it will be handled just like I want. Out of curiosity what is the liability coverage that you guys have with progressive, world wide. Mine is 300K