Camp grounds Camp grounds Camp grounds Camp grounds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp grounds

Default Camp grounds

Love the site guys!!! this is my first post i have been reading all the post for a year now so i am ready to try the spring jigging i have my own boat lund 20' tyee im thinking on going on a charter for a couple of days to see how things are done befor i go out on my own i am looking fo a campground and a place to dock my boat close the the reefs any help would be appreciated !! will be with my son so i will have plenty of room for another 2 guys free of chagre to show me how things are done on erie Thanks again guys!!! this site is awesome

The first 3 are located on Turtle Creek! You cannot get much closer than this. I believe they also rent short term docks. The 4th I am not sure of but included it also as it is just as close and may rent camping spaces and short term docks. Contact information only for the last 2. The last one (Wild Wings) has a restaurant on site in back of gas station building. All have fish cleaning facilities and the last one (Wild Wings) has a commercial fish cleaner available also. Bait stores are close by also and at least one(Magee East) has bait at the Marina Campground store. All are nice facilities.

http://www.mageeeastmarina.com/8.html

http://fenwickmarina.com/

http://rvparkslist.com/p/rv-parks/97...ina-campground

http://www.yellowpages.com/oak-harbo...2?lid=11992942
    Last edited by wakina; 02-14-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default The Baron

Hi folks I too am new to this site but have been following the threads and find them very informative. I'm from southwestern pa (Irwin area)and have a 20' Lund Baron and plan on heading up that way for some spring fishing. My plan is to bring my boat up and find a place to store it during the weekdays while I work and come up every weekend and fish. I really don't want to have to tow it 460 mile round trip every weekend so if anyone knows any safe secure reasonably priced places to leave it I would appreciate any info

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Hi folks I too am new to this site but have been following the threads and find them very informative. I'm from southwestern pa (Irwin area)and have a 20' Lund Baron and plan on heading up that way for some spring fishing. My plan is to bring my boat up and find a place to store it during the weekdays while I work and come up every weekend and fish. I really don't want to have to tow it 460 mile round trip every weekend so if anyone knows any safe secure reasonably priced places to leave it I would appreciate any info
    OutBoard or I/O?
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

I/O. 115 Johnson w/9.9merc kicker

My apologies Wakina I meant outboard

You might be interested in Beef Creek Marina. It is family owned and operated and the owners are wonderful people. It is located on a dead end road next door to Paradise Acres Campground and the owners live on site! Someone is there almost all the time during the boating season and the Dockage for a full season runs $600.00 and all are floating docks. They also offer dry dockage where you keep your boat on the trailer and slip it in as needed. The ramps are not steep and they have fish cleaning facilities next to the marina. Down side is that they have no bait on site and there is no fuel on the river anywhere. The channel leading into the lake can be tricky thus the question about the Outboard or I/O. Once you learn the channel there is little reason to not dock there.

I have been there several seasons and find it a nice quiet enjoyable place to keep my boat. I also enjoy it because of the lack of traffic and strange people moving around like in some of the other marinas nearby. I have never heard of anyone having had mischief done to their boat or equipment. They will call you if they suspect something might be wrong with your rig. I and several others carry our fuel in to our boats but there is a gas station located down the road to the west on Rt.2 about 1.5 miles from the marina. You can also run over to Wild Wings by water and fuel up there if you care to do it that way. Most who dry dock just go to the gas station and stop at Dream Catcher Baits which is right along Rt.2 the way to or from the gas station. I am not sure of the price for dry dockage it is not on my contract paper. If interested I will PM you their number.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Thanks Wakina id appreciate that

Blog Entries

If your looking for charter to go out on look up eye hunter charters great captain

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Thanks Wakina id appreciate that
    Info is on the way, check your pm's!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS