trolling help please trolling help please trolling help please trolling help please

Default trolling help please

Am interested to hear what everyone else trolls Rapala td9's at. Found a dive chart for them. Could use some help.

I troll double willow harnesses this time of the year, as far as cranks go there is a long list, 900 series reef runners are a popular one, deep diving husky jerks, bombers the list goes on and on. This time of the year guys are running 2oz weights about 20 feet ahead of the cranks to get them deeper, keep that in mind.

Hey the deep diving reef runners I think are the 800 series my bad

I troll this time of year using different kinds of blades, nightcrawlers behind 2 oz weights. Usually start at 50, 40 and 30 ft back., 1.5mph. With crawlers. you have to constantly check if you have bait on. No bait, no bite. So if no pullbacks, reel in and check the bait. Canada has been good, westside... wagon wheel area.

I guess I wasn't specific enough. I picked up some TD9's tried them no fish. Was wondering what range speed wise, do you guys troll these? Fished last weekend with spoons, and Rattle Tots, did good, but nothing on TD9's. Any tips would help

Ive caught fish in huron with td 11 at 1.5-1.8.....i have read reports of guys running them up to 2.7..depth might have been the issue but im not an expert

Guys also use tds during fall bite...speeds during fall are usually crawling

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    I troll double willow harnesses this time of the year, as far as cranks go there is a long list, 900 series reef runners are a popular one, deep diving husky jerks, bombers the list goes on and on. This time of the year guys are running 2oz weights about 20 feet ahead of the cranks to get them deeper, keep that in mind.
    After they put weight on how much further back do they go before putting board on? I ran P10's in spring doin the 20 20 but fish were higher. Thanks.

guys have been going 100 to 120 back in the deeper water