Dialed in. Dialed in. Dialed in. Dialed in.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dialed in.

Let it swing further back behind the boat before reeling in.

In all honesty, I'd switch over to 17 lb mono first off. No need to wrap the clips this way and gives the fish less time to escape. Also, the absolute worst thing you can do, and something I see people do often, is to let the line snap back when removing the board. Most often I see this happen when someone will allow the line to stay tight but instead of holding onto it while removing the last clip, they just squeeze the clip, allowing the line to whiplash back. The person taking the board off should hold the line with steady pressure on the fish, then allow the person retrieving to reel down to their hand before letting go.

Also, if you're running solo, maybe try to go to 7' rods to make it easier to reach the tips when you're trying to grab the board. There's really no need for a 9' rod, you'll just need to shorten your leaders a bit to make landing the fish easier.

7' Med rods, MONO for sure, and don't allow any slack in your line when taking off your boards will greatly reduce lost fish.

Funny that you posted this report cause this morning I was looking past reports and thinking of trailering my boat to that area. Was looking at this same marina. How is the ramps there? Any issues with shallow water to the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Let it swing further back behind the boat before reeling in.
    How do you get it to swing back, if the fish that is on, us big enough it pulls back and they come up with the tripped jet, put some of the 7 inch fish don't pull the board back or trip the jet.

I could see if you knew there was nothing on just opening the reel to free spool let it drop back. But if you thought there might be you would not want to just let it slide back with that slack, bye bye fish.

Tried putting my snappers on the back and my red clips up front but the braid slides right through, tried using rubber band up front in the red clips, they just stretch, alot, thought since I was pulling 40 tt it might be like big boards there, nope. I was hopig to be able to pop the front clip like you would with big boards, use the snapper in the rear to keep the board from falling off or sliding down the line, and let it just fall back out of line and come straight in the back, not in on the corner.

I seem to have alot more trouble with tangles this way when u runn 3 boards on a side, not too bad with just two. I was thinking about moving my rod holet's farther forward to give we that few extra feet of drifting back before having to cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eriegardless View Post
    7' Med rods, MONO for sure, and don't allow any slack in your line when taking off your boards will greatly reduce lost fish.

Funny that you posted this report cause this morning I was looking past reports and thinking of trailering my boat to that area. Was looking at this same marina. How is the ramps there? Any issues with shallow water to the lake?
    The ramps are steep metal grates. I like them. Can be a nightmare pulling the boat if they're wet and you don't have 4wd. Don't believe there are any issues with shallow water, but then again my boat is only 17 ft bass boat. Lots of yachts in the slips though. Have to assume they wouldn't be there if shallow water was an issue. I think it's a good spot to be this time of year. Still tons of walleye hanging around and excellent perch fishing in all directions.

Try using two stern planers and two boards out the side. Piece of cake.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

You had to disengage your real and thumb the real until it falls back behind your spread. Keeping some tension on your line
    Last edited by Frank; 07-08-2016 at 08:13 PM.