No oil light No oil light No oil light No oil light
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No oil light

Default No oil light

I was having issues this past weekend with the no oil light coming on. I have a 2006 115hp johnson outboard that has a vro mixer that throws up the no oil indicator under low rpm's when im in a no wake zone. It goes out under normal power . The primer bulb on the unit is like trying to squeeze a rock.If anyone has any info on what might be causing this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Give Mark a call at Outboard Motor Service a call at 419) 734-2224
    They will know and help you out. Most reasonable, intelligent people I've had work on my boats. They only work on Johnson, Evinrude, BRP for decades.

The VRO system is what put OMC out of business . 99% of owners of VRO equipped motors have disconnected it and now Premix the oil with the gas . Have blown 2 engines myself when the pump went out on me .
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
    The VRO system is what put OMC out of business . 99% of owners of VRO equipped motors have disconnected it and now Premix the oil with the gas . Have blown 2 engines myself when the pump went out on me .
    Have to agree on that one, in years past the first thing I did was bypass the oil pump and premix. OMC will not help you out in any way when the pump goes out, your on your own...

Thanks for the input. I gave mark a call and ill probably let him take a look at it. BOAT! Bust out another thousand

I have a 1999 115HP Johnson with the VRO. It has always worked fine and is very convenient - never have gotten a warning light. Have other people had problems with this system? My primer bulb on the VRO is like a rock also but in 18 years I have never pumped it. Makes me worry what happens if the system fails........

Google some info and you will see that there is a ton of problems with the system. OMC even made the parts to bypass it so the alarms would not go off when bypassing it.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Baron,
    Could you post what you find is causing this to happen? Thanks

Ill be there friday to see if i can figure out whats going on. I will definitely post my findings.

Had water in oil tank. Cleaned it out along with the strainer and float. Put new oil in and purged the line. Still got no oil light on at low rpms. Thought maybe no oil sensor was bad so took that off and cleaned it (3 times) still no oil light came on. Took boat over to outboard motor service to let them diagnose whats wrong. Ill post their findings when they get back to me