Headed to Lake Erie Headed to Lake Erie Headed to Lake Erie Headed to Lake Erie
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Headed to Lake Erie

Anyone travelling to Lake Erie to fish this year. Please feel free to call me for conditions before you travel. I hate traveling to fish and when I get there I can't fish or conditions are not good to catch. I have helped hundreds of people over the years. so please call me and I will give you an honest report. I will even tell you where I am fishing and how. you can never have to many friends on the water. so feel free to call anytime and let's talks some fishing. thanks 614.327.7144. Capt Jim.

Hi Jim, you KNOW i'll be calling you lol. Glad to see you on here again, thought maybe you gave up on us. See you at the fair grounds today. Geary
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

That's awesome Jim
    Priceless! There are a few good souls left in the world, most of them are fishermen!

it was good seeing you at the fishing expo todayaa

Skipper, I am completely new to this walleye fishing (trolling). Wife and I just bought a camper and will be seasonal at Fort Firelands and looking to spend a lot of time there this summer. I know a lot of people have their own opinions on rods/reels/line/lures. Could you guide me on the line situation? I'm curious to know about filling my reels for the first time. Some people say mono others say braid etc. Do you fill the entire spool from start to finish with say 10# test mono? Can I run boards on 10# test? Do I have to re-spool for summertime while using dipsey's? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I value your opinion. All advice from anyone will be much appreciated.

You opened a can a worms with that request.Alot of the info you are looking for are discussed in previous threads.Depends on how you plan to troll.If using inline boards want to use mono.If using big boards or dipsey,want to use braid.Ten pound mono works fine to troll with but a lot of guys use 12lb and for newbies I would even recommend 15lb.As for spooling reel,can use cheap mono to start filling reel and just fill last 150yds with your good line.Good luck and keep reading all the threads for usable info.

Quote Originally Posted by EYEFISH4FOOD View Post
    Skipper, I am completely new to this walleye fishing (trolling). Wife and I just bought a camper and will be seasonal at Fort Firelands and looking to spend a lot of time there this summer. I know a lot of people have their own opinions on rods/reels/line/lures. Could you guide me on the line situation? I'm curious to know about filling my reels for the first time. Some people say mono others say braid etc. Do you fill the entire spool from start to finish with say 10# test mono? Can I run boards on 10# test? Do I have to re-spool for summertime while using dipsey's? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I value your opinion. All advice from anyone will be much appreciated.
    I'm Lot 144 at Firelands..... stop by and say hi if you see my truck there!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    You opened a can a worms with that request.Alot of the info you are looking for are discussed in previous threads.Depends on how you plan to troll.If using inline boards want to use mono.If using big boards or dipsey,want to use braid.Ten pound mono works fine to troll with but a lot of guys use 12lb and for newbies I would even recommend 15lb.As for spooling reel,can use cheap mono to start filling reel and just fill last 150yds with your good line.Good luck and keep reading all the threads for usable info.
    I use braid, I use my rods on inline, big boards, dispsey, depending when, where, and how many we have fishing.

Something I learned from the eye hunter crew was in the spring use about 20ft of floro after the braid. Helps with the slower spring speeds not hooking up as well as the later summer speeds
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 02-13-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks itsbob. Much appreciated!!! I will keep digging into as much info as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    I'm Lot 144 at Firelands..... stop by and say hi if you see my truck there!
    Hey Capt Eric.... We will be at Lot 176. Definitely look forward to meeting you and the guys. Nothing better than meeting new fishing friends and thanks for everything you guys do for this site!