Sturgeon Point Perch Bite Sturgeon Point Perch Bite Sturgeon Point Perch Bite Sturgeon Point Perch Bite
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sturgeon Point Perch Bite

Hi all I'm from the west end of the lake near Toledo and have only ever fished Ohio, Michigan or Ontario waters of Lake Erie. I was wondering about the spring perch bite off Sturgeon point. Myself and a couple guys were thinking about running east and give it a try for something new. We were looking at this weekend but we're not sure if this is the best time or not. I see posts about the marina being dredged. Is that the only access around or is it still open? Any ice left that far west? Just looking for a little info to see if its worth the trip of if we would be better off staying this way and pound the walleye again or maybe try perchin somewhere between here and there. Thanks for any help.

Sturgeon is closed until may 15th. I believe you can launch out of the Cattaraugus launches down the lake Some. Perch bite is good there too and if the lakes not bad you can run the 9 miles to sturgeon point.

As of last Friday Sturgeon was not open. They have 1 dock in for the workers use. the dredging was done, but the lake had lots of ice then. I was at the Erie basin marina today & I could not see any ice at the ice boom or out in the lake, only on the canada side. I think if I were you I would wait a week or 2. jmo. Maybe someone else will jump in with info.

guys are launching & doing well at the point / looked for minnows up & down the river sun am no bait no birds not good/ did not look on the ilsand

Quote Originally Posted by joes spot View Post
    guys are launching & doing well at the point / looked for minnows up & down the river sun am no bait no birds not good/ did not look on the ilsand
    I'm up here in niagara falls, and I have not seen any ice coming down, has the ice moved out at that end of the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    As of last Friday Sturgeon was not open. They have 1 dock in for the workers use. the dredging was done, but the lake had lots of ice then. I was at the Erie basin marina today & I could not see any ice at the ice boom or out in the lake, only on the canada side. I think if I were you I would wait a week or 2. jmo. Maybe someone else will jump in with info.

Was Erie Basin Marina open for launching ?

Yes, the ice is gone from Erie...
    When the cold winds blow and we're covered up in snow,
    I’ll be on the ice a' Fishin’, down through a hole.
    When the ice goes out and the days get hot
    I’ll be out there a fishin’, in the same damn spot.

ice has been gone for about a week /b3b no launching @ eb

you launch out of the sbh

Went out of the Catt saturday afternoon fished from 2-7. Tried from Evangola to straight out of the Catt. At least 15 spots in between 45-60 fow. No perch but one 11# laker that my buddy got on a 4lb test ultra lite. That made the day after my plexy glass windshield flew off the boat somewhere on the NYS thruway along with my gas can. And oh yeah and I almost forgot to put the plug in the boat too!

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    Sturgeon is closed until may 15th. I believe you can launch out of the Cattaraugus launches down the lake Some. Perch bite is good there too and if the lakes not bad you can run the 9 miles to sturgeon point.
    One boat fishing out of SP today.