NE West Sister 6/9-6/10 NE West Sister 6/9-6/10 NE West Sister 6/9-6/10 NE West Sister 6/9-6/10

Default NE West Sister 6/9-6/10

Had a great Friday and Saturday. Headed out of turtle creek at about 3 pm on Friday after spending the morning doing maintenance on the boat. Decided to make the trip up past West Sister where all the rest of the boats were coming from. LOL. The pack had diminished greatly so I was hoping for a good evening bite and possible some night fishing.. Started my first drift and began catching so many shorts that I got tired of baiting the hook. So after about an hour I decided it was time to do some trolling to see if I could find some bigger fish...

I put out 2 bandits on inline boards back 80 and 90 and pointed the boat east toward PIB. I think the one is Huffy Daddy Chrome and the other one was IB frozen Pink belly. I picked us several shorts right off the bat so I kicked up the speed to 2.2-2.8 lorance was bouncing back and forth. I also started running the bandits back further until I got one back to 110'. By then I was about 1-1.5 miles NE of West Sister. As soon as I set the rod in the holder I got a good pull back and landed my first keeper a 26 incher. I got it off and set it back out to 110' put the board on and got another pull back before I put it in the holder... Landed another 24".. While that rod was in, I pulled the out side board in and set it back to 110' also.

I got both lines back in the water and had continuous action until I boated my limit... I did catch few that were right at 15 but all the fish I kept were 23 or bigger with a 28 being the largest..

Saturday I went back out to about the same place. I started closer to the NE side of the island and just followed the waves in a NE direction.. Set the first line at 8:45 after waiting on friends. WHO NEVER SHOWED UP!!!..

Same Program 2 bandits one at 100' back and the other at 110'. First one to go back was at 110' again.. It was a 23" nice fish... Set it back out and the other board went back.. It was a 16" fish that I let go as it was early... Decided it set it back at 110' with the other.. Both rods stayed active.. Seemed like I had a fish on at all times.. More shorts than Friday but I landed my 6th Keeper and was headed back in by 10:30. Largest was another 26".

Since I was in early and had nothing to do the rest of the day, Decided to head home and get in some brownie points with the wife.. Until next weekend... LOL

Happy Fishing..
    Last edited by Mxclutch; 06-12-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Curious at how deep of water you were in.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PDnaz View Post
    Curious at how deep of water you were in.
    Thanks
    It was 30-32 feet...

Good job, sounds like the program I was running 2 weeks ago to get the bigger fish, that chrome huff daddy was my best color also, tight lines looking to do a long weekend over the 4th, did very well last year over the 4th with bandits, 100, to 150 back ib frozen was my best them