Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed! Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed! Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed! Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed!

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...eye/380454001/

It's great to have out of state tourists fishing, but these fines are cheaper than 1 night's hotel stay. ODNR needs more revenue, here is your option, raise the fines.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Charge them $500.00 per fish,seize their gear including their boat and truck.Drop them off at the Ohio State line and ban them from our beautiful Lake Erie for life.There is that tough enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JBD's Regina Marie View Post
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...eye/380454001/

It's great to have out of state tourists fishing, but these fines are cheaper than 1 night's hotel stay. ODNR needs more revenue, here is your option, raise the fines.

The Department of Natural resources don't set the fines. Even if they could, with the current agenda they are pushing they'd probably lower or get rid of them to make sure the the Division of Wildlife sees limited revenue. And the DOW doesn't set the fines. Local judges get to rule on punishment. Yes there are maximums set by statute but if the judges aren't willing to punish accordingly, these guys will continue to steal and chalk the peanuts fines up to cost of doing business. The people who elect the local judges have the ability to change this by supporting and electing ones who see wildlife crimes in a more serious manner.

How are we to know who is in favor of larger fines? I doubt that fishing fines are the furthest concern in the minds of our electorics. In my opinion.

I'm all for increasing the fines, but I don't agree with forfeiture of equipment. There also needs to be a law to with a stiffer punishment for blatant disregard for the law. How would you feel if you lost your boat because you had 181 perch for 6 guys. The guys who are double dipping, sure hang em high, but there should be some grey area for a guy who makes a mistake.

I hope everyone knows I'm just kidding.Blatant poaching should be dealt with by imposing Fines and loss of fishing privileges for a number of years.A few perch over the limit should also result in some type of fine.If the law doesn't have any teeth our fishery will soon go to hell.

Don't stop with being over limit...take their boat for running too many lines too!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Don't stop with being over limit...take their boat for running too many lines too!

I abide by the 2 lines per person law. However I do not agree with it.... If you are going to limit the number of fish I can catch, why do you limit the number of poles I use to catch them? If I go out alone I have 2 poles and 2 lures to try and find the depth and the type of bait that the fish like that day. The people on the charter with 4 paying customers a deck hand and a captain can put 12 poles in the water spread tem out over 200' wide at various depths.

Just my rant..

and GO lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mxclutch View Post
    I abide by the 2 lines per person law. However I do not agree with it.... If you are going to limit the number of fish I can catch, why do you limit the number of poles I use to catch them? If I go out alone I have 2 poles and 2 lures to try and find the depth and the type of bait that the fish like that day. The people on the charter with 4 paying customers a deck hand and a captain can put 12 poles in the water spread tem out over 200' wide at various depths.

Just my rant..

and GO lol
    I totally agree! I was just busting JBD's balls a little when I made the post about running too many lines. I meant that as a joke. Sorry JBD...I thought I would get a rise out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mxclutch View Post

Just my rant..

and GO lol
    X2, I totally agree with you. If I'm casting or something I understand a little more. But when trolling you could spend half the day ting to figure out a program. 6 fish is 6 fish, shouldn't matter if I get them with 2 lines or 6. If I can go out, knock out a program get my 6 fish and be home in 2 hrs rather than 8. If I have the stuff, am not in the way of others out there it shouldn't matter as long as I stop at 6 fish. Ppl say just take more friends, but then your out to get 12 or 18. I often wondered where this 2 pole rule came from or why
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 06-16-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Typo