Fishing with Mark and Jim 6/15/15 Fishing with Mark and Jim 6/15/15 Fishing with Mark and Jim 6/15/15 Fishing with Mark and Jim 6/15/15

Default Fishing with Mark and Jim 6/15/15

Let me first start out by saying, "Thank you Mother Nature" for the nice weather today. After seeing all of thunderstorms last night on on my radar app, I was doubtful we would be fishing this morning. One of my crew was a little miffed that I told them to come down from Wisconsin when he called the day before. But, at that time, it looked okay, so I told them what I would do with the info I had in front of me.

I told him to plan on my picking them up at their hotel at 5:15, unless we saw something in the morning that would keep us off the water.

Well, as it turned out, it was a gorgeous morning. Gray skies, with the sun peeking through from time to time, a light SW wind, and warm 80 degree temperatures. Perfect. But, I'm getting a little ahead of myself here.

After picking up my crew, we stopped to do the usual morning routine of getting gas, bait, and ice, and then stopped to fuel up my guys at Big Bopper's with some hot breakfast first before heading over to Mazurik's to launch. We hit the water at 6am and headed up to the Canadian line, east of Middle Island and NNE of Kelly Island Shoal. It was a very nice easy ride up there, which I was grateful for.

Punching the buttons on the remote for the Ulterra, we were on cruise control at 1.4mph, and setting lines in no time. We ran the #2 Tadpoles on 4 rods and had the bottom bouncer off one corner again. While we are allowed 6 lines in the water, I find that it is way more productive, and easier, to only have 5 in the water with novice trollers on board. No offense to my novices, but it's more important for them to learn how to do it, while not making it too difficult for them, so that they never want to do it again. lol

The Tadpoles were set originally at 25, 27, 35, and 43 back. But, eventually, the two outside boards would be at 35 and the inside boards were at 43. Those numbers took the majority of the fish. "Purple Crusher" from "Warrior" custom colors, did the most damage...again. (I don't think I'll ever stop running that color! lol)

Mark and Jim did a fine job of setting the lines and reeling in fish at a fast pace. We had our 18 fish by 9:30 this morning and took a nice easy ride back in. They were happy that we were able to get out and that the weather was so nice.
    I'm hoping tomorrow morning will be nice too. They are calling for up to 3" of rain from early this evening, and finally subsiding by 5am tomorrow morning. Then, it looks like it will be a nice day.

We will be headed to the same are tomorrow, so....

Stay tuned...
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mark and Jim 6/15/15-mark-castle-6-15-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Juls,
    Thank you for the reports every time you get out, the detail you give is exceptional. Keep them coming.

Yeah, thanks for posting. I too appreciate it and have learned a lot just from reading your posts. Please keep it going.

Thank You, you have a gift for writing, for those of us who fish a couple weeks a year it's nice to what we are missing

Nice work captain! With the unstable weather and the mayflies starting up I would say you did a great job limiting out by 9:30! Thanks for posting!

Juls, what size do you run in the warrior purple crusher blade ? Also what color backer is it ? Silver, copper, or brass ?
    Thanks
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

Quote Originally Posted by glowgetter View Post
    Juls, what size do you run in the warrior purple crusher blade ? Also what color backer is it ? Silver, copper, or brass ?
    Thanks
    #6 copper belly
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Nice work captain! With the unstable weather and the mayflies starting up I would say you did a great job limiting out by 9:30! Thanks for posting!
    Bug carcasses floating for miles this morning....ugh. It wasn't as fast today. Marked a ton, but it was harder to get the walleye before the junk fish would steal my crawlers. lol Kept my crew busy though. We ended up with only 10 today, before their time was up.

No blog today...must clean the boat!
    [email protected]