Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17 Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17 Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17 Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17

Default Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17

What a beautiful weekend it has been. I had a long time customer of mine, Tim McGlothlin, and his friend Ed this time. Tim normally fishes with his brother, Matt, but Matt couldn't make it, due to being the head soccer coach for his daughter's soccer team, who had games this weekend.

I picked them up each morning at the Sleep Inn and we hit Big Bopper's for breakfast before going on over to Mazurik's to launch at 6:30. I couldn't believe that when I walked into Big B's on Saturday morning at 5:45 that there were no seats, or clean tables available for us, so I helped out and cleared a table for us to sit at. Then, when we got to the launch at 6:30, there were already several boats launching already.
    I'm used to having the launch to myself in the mornings, so those that were launching, and leaving their headlights on while backing up, and sitting in the ramp, were really pissing me off...lol Ugh!! Turn your lights off PLEASE! Thank you...

Anyway, we were headed north over the boarder each day. No need to call in...just need to make sure you have an Ontario license on you in case you get checked. I couldn't believe that no one is fishing up there! The perch fishing is very good up there right now, and the size is really really good. Both days, we managed 90 beautiful perch that weighed in at 38 and 37 pounds. The spot I have been fishing is not a secret spot...it's a well known perch spot that is usually being fished this time of year, so that's why I'm stunned that no one is fishing up there right now. The "Pelee Dumping Grounds" is the area, if anyone is interested in getting on some dandy perch like we did.

Tim and Ed had a great time, and the weather couldn't have been any better....wait..it could have been just a touch windier, because it was a little too calm on Saturday, which caused the little midges to invade our space. Tickley little buggers, they are!!

I'm going fun fishing in the morning for some walleye with Capt Nate, who runs the Chelsea IV. He's been wanting to fish out of my Ranger 621 for a while now, and our schedules have finally lined up for us to do just that. From what I hear, we won't be out very long, because we only need 12 walleye, and they have been coming pretty fast for those that have been fishing for them this past week/weekend.

My next trip is a walleye trip on Tuesday, so this is just a practice run before that, since I have been fishing perch exclusively for the past month or more, so I can get all the gear ready for their trip.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-tim-ed-9_23_24_17img_0471-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-tim-ed-9_23_24_17img_0479-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-tim-ed-9_23_24_17img_0474-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-tim-ed-9_23_24_17img_0485-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-tim-ed-9_23_24_17img_0480-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Jumbos!!!! That's bringing it down the home stretch!!!!

Default Fun Fished today with Captain Nate and Capt DJ on my boat...:)

3 man limit in 4 hours...
    Started out with spoons behind #3 Tadpoles, but changed over to Bandits with 2 and 3oz snapweights...then, changed over to Berkley Flicker Minnows (11's) with 2 and 3oz snapweights....25 and 30 back and add the snapweights...then another however many feet out to get them to 80, 85, 90, 100 to 120 back at 2.1-2.8mph (I kept switching it up and we caught fish at the slower speeds and the faster speeds) Flicker Minnows worked best for us today.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-nate-9_25_17img_0489-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-nate-9_25_17img_0490-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-nate-9_25_17img_0493-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-nate-9_25_17img_0494-jpg Fishing with Tim and Ed 9/23-24/17-fishing-nate-9_25_17img_0496-jpg 
    [email protected]

nice perch and walleye pulling my sportcraft next weekend time to start using my 19ft aluminum

Not making the trip, no can tags just wondering if you had the numbets for that area so I can add it to my list of way points

What could be more better when weekend end up with amazing fishing. Thanks Capt Juls for sharing your fishing experience with beautiful pictures.

Juls, Saw your post below and you had used #3 tadpoles.We use #2 tadpoles a lot with our worm harnesses and inline boards.Was considering buying the #3 tadpoles to get deeper.We currently use the 3oz sinkers that are shaped like fish and we have not had a problem getting down to 50fow depth.Do those #3 tadpoles pull too hard on your inline boards and pull the flags down?

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Juls, Saw your post below and you had used #3 tadpoles.We use #2 tadpoles a lot with our worm harnesses and inline boards.Was considering buying the #3 tadpoles to get deeper.We currently use the 3oz sinkers that are shaped like fish and we have not had a problem getting down to 50fow depth.Do those #3 tadpoles pull too hard on your inline boards and pull the flags down?
    Not if you set the spring tension correctly. If you're using the old flags, then use the bottom hole on the front of the board and then put the spring around the flag arm, instead of through the hole it normally goes through. That will give it extra tension.

If you're using the new flags, then there are plenty of tension options with the plethora of holes in the flag arm.
    [email protected]