Hot n Tots and Wiggle Warts Hot n Tots and Wiggle Warts Hot n Tots and Wiggle Warts Hot n Tots and Wiggle Warts

Default Hot n Tots and Wiggle Warts

I am an old school man, I guess, but if I can catch on the jig and drift, I prefer that. With that said, I am older and wonder. I know that the big females hang around the reefs this time of year, either coming or going. Can I long line my dad's old box of Hot n Tots and wiggle warts effectively? Any time I can catch a walleye on the same lure as my father gives me a special connection and satisfaction to being next to him again. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I am an old school man, I guess, but if I can catch on the jig and drift, I prefer that. With that said, I am older and wonder. I know that the big females hang around the reefs this time of year, either coming or going. Can I long line my dad's old box of Hot n Tots and wiggle warts effectively? Any time I can catch a walleye on the same lure as my father gives me a special connection and satisfaction to being next to him again. Thanks in advance
    They were good baits then and they're good baits now. That's all a buddy of mine trolls with and he catches fish. Admit it, we all have a few in the box somewhere. Good luck!

You can get all the opinions you could want as to whether or not those baits will work this time of year at these water temperatures. The only way to find out is to get out and try em. I'm gonna say there's probably a reason why people don't run those baits this time of year. Now June and July would be a different story.

back when I fished the western basin hot n tots and wiggle warts was my go to baits and they did catch fish. now days you hear about reef runners dhj's with snap on weights to get them to the fish. you'll hear something like 30 30 which means 30' of line out then attach the weight and let out another 30' of line. just try different leads with the hot n tots and wiggle warts until you get fish. and if your marking fish deep it probably wouldn't hurt to try attaching a snap on sinker to get down deeper.