looking for the eyes and perch for friday looking for the eyes and perch for friday looking for the eyes and perch for friday looking for the eyes and perch for friday
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question looking for the eyes and perch for friday

I have some family coming up from florida to fish. would like to put them on some fish to eat. going out of meinkies west. any infowould be great. will be out all day Friday ong channel 79

I was thinking of going out Friday but the fact that there are no replies to your post is not a good sign. Lol...Guess lake is still a mess.

Well the lake is not pretty by any sense of the imagination! Here is the sat picture from yesterday, it has a ways to go yet.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/mod...egion=e&page=1
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Well the lake is not pretty by any sense of the imagination! Here is the sat picture from yesterday, it has a ways to go yet.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/mod...egion=e&page=1
    You got that right. I am hoping for a usable satellite pic today, but it is pretty cloudy again at my house. Does look like maybe a little better water NW of west sister. Hoping another couple days make a difference. Sure would like to get out this weekend, even if just to run the boat and catch a sheephead! Just got a text from a bud that guys that tried to go came back - 4-5 footers. Don't know if he meant today or sometime earlier this week.

Here is one reason it is going to take a while for clouds and rain to clear out. Map is June rainfall...look at all the red/purple to west in Indiana and Illinois... 13-18 inches and that doesn't include the big storm last of may! As weather comes through it is going to continue to pick up all that moisture in the system to the west of us for a while...

looking for the eyes and perch for friday-june-weather-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    You got that right. I am hoping for a usable satellite pic today, but it is pretty cloudy again at my house. Does look like maybe a little better water NW of west sister. Hoping another couple days make a difference. Sure would like to get out this weekend, even if just to run the boat and catch a sheephead! Just got a text from a bud that guys that tried to go came back - 4-5 footers. Don't know if he meant today or sometime earlier this week.
    Well we have a stiff East North East wind here at our house today strong enough that it would keep me home if I had been heading up to fish today. Right now I am thinking Sunday the lake may be cleaned up enough for me to give it a try. We will see.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Well we have a stiff East North East wind here at our house today strong enough that it would keep me home if I had been heading up to fish today. Right now I am thinking Sunday the lake may be cleaned up enough for me to give it a try. We will see.
    Toledo Harbor Light station and webcam records show NE winds 19 mph this AM and 22+ mph gusts so you probably are right. Strange though, this morning and today's webcam pics from there don't look that bad. It is hard to judge waves with a web cam, but you can usually see the whitecaps. Especially with a NE wind and the way the camera is oriented to SE, I would have expected that to show up with those winds...usually does at that station. If I were to just look at the pics I would have said looked pretty decent out there. But 15- 20 mph NE winds...you know it is bouncing at west end of lake....

looking for the eyes and perch for friday-a1-15183-1813-lakeerie-143-250m-2-jpg Not looking to good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    looking for the eyes and perch for friday-a1-15183-1813-lakeerie-143-250m-2-jpg Not looking to good.
    It's not great but it's better than a couple of days ago. Gotta be positive!

I am going to defer to at least mid week it is just to messed up to fish. The cleaner water is at least 12 to 14 miles from my slip and there is very little of that available. On top of that there is a lot of debris floating around out there right now that is harder to see in the muddy water. I have done that to many times before and been disappointed so I am not going. The Detroit river will push that muddy water towards the south shore and it should be in good shape in a few days especially if the sun shines bright. The sun helps settle the sand that is clouding the water.
    Last edited by wakina; 07-02-2015 at 09:45 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS