Anyone catching walleye? Anyone catching walleye? Anyone catching walleye? Anyone catching walleye?

Default Anyone catching walleye?

I hardly see any walleye threads on this site anymore. I thought this was a site for fishing reports. Yesterday I went out at 7 AM. We fished NW of West Sister, east of West Sister up to the Canadian line, Stony Point, and Brest Bay. Marked a few fish, not a whole lot. Ran various spoons and harnesses behind 30 TT's at various depths at speeds of 1.4 to 2.2. Went in at 12:30 with total of 1 white bass and three shorts to show for the effort. Sure would be nice to know what others are doing. It hardly makes sense looking on this site if no one will post info.

Quote Originally Posted by HYPO View Post
    I hardly see any walleye threads on this site anymore. I thought this was a site for fishing reports. Yesterday I went out at 7 AM. We fished NW of West Sister, east of West Sister up to the Canadian line, Stony Point, and Brest Bay. Marked a few fish, not a whole lot. Ran various spoons and harnesses behind 30 TT's at various depths at speeds of 1.4 to 2.2. Went in at 12:30 with total of 1 white bass and three shorts to show for the effort. Sure would be nice to know what others are doing. It hardly makes sense looking on this site if no one will post info.
    How many other trollers did you see actually fishing yesterday? Probably 70% to 80% of the fishermen have switched over to perch. Out of about a 100 or so boats yesterday that I personally saw there were no more than ten actively trolling and maybe a few more than that casting. The Sassy Sal and several other head boats were fishing the drift and cast method for walleyes between Crib Reef and Niagara Reef. I saw a few nets but I will not make a report if I have to report on obsevation alone and am not the one doing the actual fishing related to that specific report. I like most of the others have switched to perch until the circumstances have returned to more favorable conditions for walleye fishing.

It seems that you are implying that we (the other active members) are not sharing enough information to suit you! I quote you with " I thought this was a site for fishing reports. " I am sorry that you feel that way because most of the active members here have always been open to sharing their fishing success and experiences with others without question as well as the programs that worked best for them. You must also remember that we have had an abnormally high amount of rain and high NE winds spaced almost perfectly apart that keeps the lake stirred up without any chance for clearing both of which makes it difficult at best to be successful walleye fishing regardless of the method used.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Wakina was polite in his response - I am not going to be. Quit whining - you got skunked - it happens - its fishing - you were in the wrong place, at the wrong time, not doing the right things - and then you blame this website -geez. There's plenty of info here - see captn juls - the name of the game is taking it all in and then making decisions - ON YOUR OWN - what to do. Some time it works out and sometimes it doesn't - again it's called fishing. I could give you the exact numbers where I caught a 4 man limit yesterday and chances are you would go there and not get them - because THEY MOVED or you weren't doing exactly what I was. I mean, people are just becoming way too dependent on the internet to tell them what to do. IMHO.

Don't need an explanation here, your just fishin 10 miles too far west !! Fishin was real good for the eyes NW of gull shoal on the line.

Fishing has been pretty good near shore for me from Brest Bay to the Water Intake. 17-22 feet of water. Watching a ton of boats running over a good bite to go deeper with bad results. Harnesses at 20 back with 1 ounce weights at 1.3-1.6. Any deeper and all I get is junk.

Not fast and furious by any means , but plenty of Eyes if you put your time in and not following the other boats

No one is whining. fishin 2 and fishhead315 gave the type of response I had become accustomed to on this site. If you read my post, it is also a report. I have fished Lake Erie of 32 years, and usually do fairly well. However this year, since the beginning of June it has been a struggle. I don't need or want yesterdays GPS numbers or lure colors, what I am looking for is what others are experiencing. Is it the algae or the dirty water or have the fish moved east. I come to this site for discussion not hostile responses

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by HYPO View Post
    No one is whining. fishin 2 and fishhead315 gave the type of response I had become accustomed to on this site. If you read my post, it is also a report. I have fished Lake Erie of 32 years, and usually do fairly well. However this year, since the beginning of June it has been a struggle. I don't need or want yesterdays GPS numbers or lure colors, what I am looking for is what others are experiencing. Is it the algae or the dirty water or have the fish moved east. I come to this site for discussion not hostile responses
    I agree whole lot of fishing very little catching dave

Sorry HYPO but the way you worded your question was very negative, If your going to ask for help, do so nicely. Wakina is right that not as many people are walleye fishing right now. These is still a good bite going West of Pelee but most people don't want to go there, and that's too bad. I've been out in that part month, last Sat. We caught 12 in 90 minutes 3 miles SW of Pelee but the bugs were so bad we couldn't take it.

Ok let me start out by saying that I would post more this year if I had better luck!!!! this has been one weird year. I went out today started in 25 fow worked back to 21 fow got 3 and 2 throwbacks. After 4 hours of trolling and not much luck I switched over to perch fishing. Went to my old hot spot near sputnik and only caught 11 after 3 hours of searching and marking perch but not catching them I quit. This whole year has been that way sometimes I get so disgusted after being a guy who would catch limits regularly, its difficult to keep up that go get them attitude especially when you go back into the launch and a guy there says he was in 18 feet of water and caught them between 6-10 ft down!!! really this time of year I don't ever remember this time of year that happening. This guy limited out and punched a 2nd ticket.

I've been by west sister and other places trying to catch fish that I've caught them in the past, but I've come to believe this year That it is ME!!!!!!

I think we need to keep in mind that the water level has risen considerably in a short amount of time and that there are fish in places we don't normally see. As far as catching fish we always wish we could catch our limit but that is why it's called fishing and not catching. One last question I see this web site 5 or 6 times a week and haven't seen you post much. Not trying to start a argument and maybe I missed your posts but when I start catching a lot of perch either in Colchester ohio or Michigan I'll be sure to tell you guys.

tight lines guys and gals
    Trollingfool

I got 7 the other day in 4 hours and my friend got 6 today...i was west of west sister he was south west...willow blades with weight 2-3 ounce leads from 20-60