The Noobie Blues The Noobie Blues The Noobie Blues The Noobie Blues
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default harnesses

Thanks Bailey!! That is really helpful. Are you trolling slow with the electric at like .7 to 1 mph or with the big motor a little faster?

1.9 average but I do go faster colder water slower troll same with bottom bouncers. As water warms I'll go as fast as 2.3 . You kinda fall into your own nitch as you go along also the fish will tell you what they want. It's trial and error if they aren't hitting try new things till they do and write them down date time conditions it all helps yr to yr.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Reality View Post
    Okay guys, a question. I've been using the double willow blade harnesses in watermelon and purple,black. Are these the right pick or should I be using something smaller with a single blade? Also, what speed are you all trolling at? I spend 6 hours trolling today on Meyers at 1.5 to 2 mph on lead core and 30 jets. Marked them but didn't get any hits. Was really frustrating. Starting to think I'm jinxed!
    I do very well with cooper/orange black/red black/orange cooper 1.9mph works for me try different speeds try stop and go these guys on this web sit are awesome I was like you couple years ago and now putting fish in the box
    just try something different you never know good luck it will come to you

Default Thanks!

You guys are great! I'm in Maine for two weeks for work unfortunately but can't wait to get back home and hit the lake again now! Really appreciate your help. Good luck out there.

You guys are great! I'm in Maine for two weeks for work unfortunately but can't wait to get back home and hit the lake again now! Really appreciate your help. Good luck out there.
    Wish I was in Maine , have a lobster & some fried clam strips for me, can't beat them!

Default Back in action

Hey guys,

Well, Im back from Maine and ready to fish. Should get out Thursday this week. Spent a pile of money on Silver Streak worm harness materials and am ready to go. Wondered what colors were working for you guys lately?

We have caught fish on a lot of different colors this year. More importantly is to get those baits on or just above the fish. Use your sonar and get'er done.

Default I'm on it!

Lots of colors is what I have! I'm going to throw the tackle box at em! You guys still running 30 jets and 4-5 color lead? Going to launch out of Sturgeon and start at Meyers. I'll let you know how I do.

Hey guys, Wondered what colors were working for you guys lately?
    Caught most on pink, chartreuse, copper, silver blades. Perch & silver/black sticks. Good luck. Let us know how you do............

Awesome! Thank you!!