walleye walleye walleye walleye

Thread: walleye

Default walleye

Two of us trolled Sat and Sunday 28 to 40 feet of water straight north of the Beaver Park Marina. A little challenging Saturday with the 5 and 6 foot waves but the fish were biting, didn't see any other boats out. Caught lots of 7 and 14 inch walleye, white perch and sheep head, with enough keeper walleye to hold our interest. Purple worm harness, on dipsy divers 2 feet off the bottom did best. Heard they were catching good walleye over at Avon, but even Sunday morning it was to rough for us to make the 15 mile run. Might head over there next weekend.

Anybody have any idea where the perch are??

I have been looking for perch from Mentor to Fairport and East and haven't had any luck all year so far. Fished 20 ft to 60 ft. I cant figure it out. I haven't even talked to anyone has. If anyone has please post.

Quote Originally Posted by 5285 View Post
    Two of us trolled Sat and Sunday 28 to 40 feet of water straight north of the Beaver Park Marina. A little challenging Saturday with the 5 and 6 foot waves but the fish were biting, didn't see any other boats out. Caught lots of 7 and 14 inch walleye, white perch and sheep head, with enough keeper walleye to hold our interest. Purple worm harness, on dipsy divers 2 feet off the bottom did best. Heard they were catching good walleye over at Avon, but even Sunday morning it was to rough for us to make the 15 mile run. Might head over there next weekend.

Anybody have any idea where the perch are??
    Thanks for the report.
    Even with a big boat we stayed at the dock on Sat [7/9]
    Could have gone out but with the trail of boats coming back up the Vermilion River soon after setting off we thought better and did some boat jobs
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

I actually started catching perch middle of last week west of the sand bar out of Lorain in 46 fow. First good marks for perch I have seen since April. Not big sizes, but caught our limit in about 4 hours with 3 guys. About 18 inches off the bottom. It is a little way to travel to get perch, but they are finally starting to school up.

Quote Originally Posted by dayze_awayze View Post
    I actually started catching perch middle of last week west of the sand bar out of Lorain in 46 fow. First good marks for perch I have seen since April. Not big sizes, but caught our limit in about 4 hours with 3 guys. About 18 inches off the bottom. It is a little way to travel to get perch, but they are finally starting to school up.
    Thank you for the information, I will head out there tomorrow