Reef runner 800,s and tots Reef runner 800,s and tots Reef runner 800,s and tots Reef runner 800,s and tots

Cool Reef runner 800,s and tots

Has anyone been using the 800 rr , and with what results, also don't hear much about tots,are they a lure of the past? I understand the tots are used more towards summer, water temps ? I see the trolling speeds have picked up a bit .what would be a good speed for tots, low end ? Would they be to aggressive for this time of year?Thanks for any info ! Heading out end of next week, I see there still hitting bandits, hope this warm weather gets them In overdrive.

800 rr have still been producing this year when we have used them. Just been used less with the new fab of bandits and P10s. Actually the last couple of weeks harnesses and spoons have been best for me with less hits on cranks.

Thanks island troller! I will be bringing spoons,worm burners,and harnesses with me . What size spoons have been producing for you? Going to give some small cranks a try also, jr's 24a's 500 rr's going to have 10 day's this trip, so got a little time to experiment.Thanks again!

Default What is in style this year ???

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Has anyone been using the 800 rr , and with what results, also don't hear much about tots,are they a lure of the past? I understand the tots are used more towards summer, water temps ? I see the trolling speeds have picked up a bit .what would be a good speed for tots, low end ? Would they be to aggressive for this time of year?Thanks for any info ! Heading out end of next week, I see there still hitting bandits, hope this warm weather gets them In overdrive.
    Those walleye are pretty trendy caricatures, it sounds like to me. I sure hope live bait doesn't go out of style with them.
    I cant afford to buy new baits every week,so I use what I have. The old ones still work.
    Last edited by D.D.E.; 05-27-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks ! DDE sorta thought so, Just haven't seen many posts on those lures, got hundreds of clams invested didn't want to put them in storage.

I use the 2 3/8" spoons mostly behind 30 jets. 60 back was the ticket a couple days ago.

I've had a lot of luck with the 800's the past week in the bay. May not hurt to try one ($7-$8) to see if they work where you're going. I used those because that's what I bought last year. I agree buying the "what's hitting today" can get expensive.

Thanks guys! I have a few of them, appreciate all the information I can get, heading to the islands area but, mobile.
    Last edited by Frank; 05-27-2016 at 05:30 PM.