Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40

Thread: Tru trips 40

Default Tru trips 40

Bought tt's and every one of them filled with water, hope this isn't a common thing, only used them for a short while,a fish or two before I noticed the water, had to go with my trip z- lurk jets, have to let out more line to achieve the same depth, anyone else have this issue?

Frank, my tt's are at least 4 yrs. old and never have them do that. I suggest you contact Dan, I sure he will make it right.

Gene

I ordered 4 from fishusa.com and had 1 do the same thing. Notified them a couple days after I received them in the mail and they replaced it free of charge. Haven't been able to get the new one in the water yet to see if it has a leak. Not sure what to think after hearing nothing but positive comments about them here. Time will tell!

I'll give it a try, I really did like them because of less line out,and a more detailed dive chart, Thanks Gene !

Thanks iSlayer , not sure where I got them, but I was disappointed, I will get some more,because I have read allot of good stuff about them

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Bought tt's and every one of them filled with water, hope this isn't a common thing, only used them for a short while,a fish or two before I noticed the water, had to go with my trip z- lurk jets, have to let out more line to achieve the same depth, anyone else have this issue?
    I know a couple years ago he had an issue with the sonic welder and was gettin water in them. He has sence gotten it fixed and has not been an issue that I am awhere of. Dan will take care of you if you contact him. There website is www.bigfishtuff.com

Also I heard hi way bait and tackle will exchange them at no cost also.

I had some go bad they were the clear ones, my colored ones were ok, I had no problem exchanging them

I have some TT 40's only a year old that I will sell if anyone is interested. No water leakeage issues, they work just fine in that regard. I just think they pull too hard. I'm switching to all Tadpoles. I prefer the #2 and #3 Tadpoles for our trolling needs. I'm pulling mostly spoons and crank baits at higher speeds - not worms, so maybe that has something to do with it; but the TT's were causing issues for us with both inlines and big boards. With the inlines, they don't seem to plane out very far when dragging that big 40 TT. And with the big boards, I'm getting a lot of break off's and false positives stretching the rubber band way back. Just don't care to pull the TT's anymore. PM me if interested, I'll make you a deal.

I've been using them for 3 Years and had one fill with water and it was replaced, no questions asked. I use big bards and nothing out there works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiga-Byte View Post
    I have some TT 40's only a year old that I will sell if anyone is interested. No water leakeage issues, they work just fine in that regard. I just think they pull too hard. I'm switching to all Tadpoles. I prefer the #2 and #3 Tadpoles for our trolling needs. I'm pulling mostly spoons and crank baits at higher speeds - not worms, so maybe that has something to do with it; but the TT's were causing issues for us with both inlines and big boards. With the inlines, they don't seem to plane out very far when dragging that big 40 TT. And with the big boards, I'm getting a lot of break off's and false positives stretching the rubber band way back. Just don't care to pull the TT's anymore. PM me if interested, I'll make you a deal.
    I sent you a PM a couple of days ago with my name and number....how many do you have and what do you want for them?