Newbie - MI Stingers Newbie - MI Stingers Newbie - MI Stingers Newbie - MI Stingers

Default Newbie - MI Stingers

New to this trolling thing, working out of 16' deep v w/40 hp tiller running inline Church on one side and Off shores on the other. Do I, or can I use use 1 oz in lines with the Stinger Spoons, if so what is my desired lead for desired depth? I don't have jets, but do have #0 dipsy's. I have Off Shore #2 Tad Poles with dive charts but plan to use them with the harness. Or, should I run the tad poles with the spoons and go with the 1oz in line wts with the harness?

Right or wrong I usually troll with jets and tru trips on the outer lines and a #o dipsey flatline off each side #3 setting. This gives you room to set lines and bring fish in. with the smaller boat you may want to put everything on boards (o setting on dipsey ). I have ran the spoons behind inline weights and tadpoles and they produce fish. I ran 1 oz inlines 35 and 45 back last weekend in 30-34 fow. Ran mostly stingers and gale force spoons antifreeze and copper backs with something white on front. #2 tadpoles with harnesses 35 back on the other boat pulled their limit Sun. also. Goodluck!!
    No fishing for me this weekend I have sons graduation and friends parties! Good Times!
    Hope this helps and be safe out there!!

Thanks, any info helps

What size stingers and gale force?? And I hear the gale force will hold their paint much better. Any experience?

Most popular Stingers are the Scorpions which are approximately 2 1/4 in. long, as well as Gale Force and the
    Jann's Netcraft Proeyes trolling spoons. Erie Dearie also makes a Silver Leaf spoon that is comparable in size
    also, but they are scarce. All work well off of dipsy's, Jet's, and inline wts..

Gene

Wolverine Tackle Jr. Streaks are also good. They are about 2 3/8" long. Paint holds up well also and a nice color selection. They also have some nice Colorado Blades.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I have the stingers, jr. streaks,and galeforce (two sizes walleye and magnum walleye) usually use the walleye size. I am a fisherman no relationship with any company if anyone is wondering. I like the stingers but after one weekend of fishing the paint flaked off. Went back to the baitshop after buying $200 worth and was basically told to bad not our problem by the owner. This did not set well with me so that is why I go to Hi-Way now. The Wolverine jr. streaks did good nice quality and did not bend as easy as stingers. The Gale Force spoons just seem to be higher quality hooks, paint and spoon blank. I like that if the paint gets teeth marks that the antifreeze color is like anodized to the whole spoon. Take that into account and the price is less, for a fisherman it makes sense to have some of these in your arsenal. Side note, to be fair I have never contacted the manufacturer (Michigan Stinger) about this paint issue I hear they will take care of it. I have not tried the Thundermist Viper Spoons yet if any has any experience with them let me know.

-Good Times and Tight Lines-

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Eye View Post
    I have the stingers, jr. streaks,and galeforce (two sizes walleye and magnum walleye) usually use the walleye size. I am a fisherman no relationship with any company if anyone is wondering. I like the stingers but after one weekend of fishing the paint flaked off. Went back to the baitshop after buying $200 worth and was basically told to bad not our problem by the owner. This did not set well with me so that is why I go to Hi-Way now. The Wolverine jr. streaks did good nice quality and did not bend as easy as stingers. The Gale Force spoons just seem to be higher quality hooks, paint and spoon blank. I like that if the paint gets teeth marks that the antifreeze color is like anodized to the whole spoon. Take that into account and the price is less, for a fisherman it makes sense to have some of these in your arsenal. Side note, to be fair I have never contacted the manufacturer (Michigan Stinger) about this paint issue I hear they will take care of it. I have not tried the Thundermist Viper Spoons yet if any has any experience with them let me know.

-Good Times and Tight Lines-
    For what it is worth, we have had better luck with the paint quality issue with Michigan Stingers in recent years. That said, the other spoons mentioned are good, quality products. I do not believe you would go wrong purchasing any of them.