keeping boat near Huron keeping boat near Huron keeping boat near Huron keeping boat near Huron

Default keeping boat near Huron

I am from Michigan and plan on fishing later this year and keeping boat near Huron area,Unless someone thinks there is a better area to be In From end of August to end of year.I fished one time in november Last year and couldnt Believe the size of the Walleye we caught In that area.I want to just keep the boat stored on land but in a kind of safe place.Spent a long time fixing up a 1992 Starcraft Islander for trolling and cant really afford to pull it back and forth.Social security income.Thought you guys familiar with the area could help.
    Thanks in advance for any sugestions and also sugestions on fishing closer that time of year if the fishing is as good.
    Tom Hampton
    'Tekonsha Michigan

Tom,

Huron is fine. However, there are plenty of fish close to the Islands that late August-November. Channel Grove Marina has a fenced in area that you can keep your boat. I am not sure what they charge, but they are less than a mile from Muzurik State put in, and they watch the boats and keep the place pretty safe.

I dock there and am really happy with the location over many other marinas in the area, and they are in a great location in regards to the island and closer to Michigan.

Their website is www.channelgrove.com

-Matt

i believe the dockage rates in the huron basin (city owned) drop in august....might want to check it out. only a mile from the lake on the huron river and deep enough with no worries.