Quote Originally Posted by kybob View Post
Planning a trip back up to Erie soon. I saw/read what you have done and I like it. Makes since to me. But, I have a question. So, when using weights, you or i'm using a snap swivel on my main line. I just attach the weight to my snap then attach the -blade assemby --that is the wire w/beads, clevis, blade,snap --to my weight and then attach my harness. Is this correct?? Thanks ahead for your help
Here is how I attach the assembly in the order that they go.
Main line from reel with a quality snap swivel attached, either a diver or inline wt. your personal preference of either one, a 60 inch leader or leader length of your choice with quality snap swivel at each end, then the blade/bead/hook assembly.

The total length of the blade/bead/hook assembly is only about 8 inches long and the hooks are removable/replaceable.

In reality you are only replacing the traditional long harness assembly with 3 components! First component is a quality leader then the second component is the blade/bead assembly on wire then the last component is the short 4 to 6 inch removable hook Snell. At the end of the day all 3 components can be broken down and each component can be stored in a different and safer location eliminating the pool noodles and exposed hooks while requiring less space for storage.

Any questions please ask and I will try to answer.