maumee river limits and more limits maumee river limits and more limits maumee river limits and more limits maumee river limits and more limits

Smile maumee river limits and more limits

six of us fished the maumee west of 475 and jermoe rd, well it was one of those days you couldn't due anything wrong, 4 hours of fishing we kept a six man limit of smaller size jacks only, let go all females, all larger males and any snag fish, released over 2 dozen, caught lots of quillbacks, lots of red horse suckers, some huge carp and a few shad, there was roughly 30 other ,people around us, lots of them catching limits, even people fishing on shore in tennis shoes got limits, wind very strong,
    3/4 to 1 oz sinkers smaller tails, pink, orange dark green, fire tiger and christmas tree was hot colors, 2 to 4 ft leads just let it drift on bottom, they were swolling the jigs. females and males were all hard yet.
    Capt. Mike and Wayne

Any more word on the river fishing?

I will be passing through the area this weekend and was entertaining the idea of doing a little fishing from shore. Any help with location, bait setups etc would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    20' Sea Ray

from what i have heard the fish are basically done in the river unless there is another big rise in water to get another push of fish. i am sure there are some holes that are holding a few fish and if ya know where they are they can be caught but your going to have to work for them. problem now is the trash fish in the river.

Default River fishing

Skinny area from maumee perrysburg bridge to 475/23 bridge is a good area. Carolina rigs with floating jig heads works well. Bring extras the river has a good amount of snags. Or try 3/8 to 1/2 oz lead heads with twister tails. Pools at the end of fast flowing current usually holds fish. Be sure to have license DNR is out in full force. Good luck

Thanks Jay Rock, Ack for the help.
    My plan is to stop in at Maumee Tackle shop (unless you guys recommend someone else) pick up license, little tackle and find somewhere to fish around 475 bridge. Probably have about 4 hours before heading out.
    Thanks guys
    20' Sea Ray

Fishing has been really slow. River down with lots of snags. Weather not cooperating at all. Better fishing on Lake Erie. If you are still planning on coming, you might want to call Capt Juls and get a charter with her to catch some fish. Good Luck!

I would suggest buying your license on line before hand. It is fast and easy, just print it out when your done, sign it and stash in your wallet.

That's how I do it as well. Just make sure you have your customer ID number first.