new member new member new member new member

Thread: new member

mg43338 Guest

Default new member

Hi folks just started fishing lake erie I'm fishing out of east harbor bay in a 18 foot crestliner so I'm getting to know when an where I can go. Was up last weekend an fished the harbor saturday catching bass the sunday made a run nw of green running 4 dipsy's with spoons got into a nice school of eyes 17 to 19 had about 5 throw backs. I have a older camper thats permanent, I have a newer camper down at clearfork near mansfield. I'm thinking of moving the newer camper up to the lake. Id like to find a nice camp for a permanent site close to Cataba area does anyone have a good suggestion for a camp in that area.

Catawba area is full of campgrounds. I have used Sleepy Hollow right across from Walmart and Shade acres. They are both decent. Near Port Clinton is Tall Timber. I have also been there and it is very nice. In Port Clinton is River View. the price is right and you get a dock and ramp right there too. It is going to be a matter of what you want to spend. There are dozens of other campgrounds to choose from.

there seems to be some campgrounds on the Northeast side of Catawba as well. I'm not sure they all have docks though. You may want to find a ramp or dock to use first then pick your campground. West harbor has plenty of dock space too. As Spoontang said, you may want to figure out where you want to fish also. You have Kelleys island available to you if you launch from the east side of catawba, but West sister is probably too far a run on most days from there.

Rickerd

mg43338 Guest

Default camps

yeah i know there are lots of camp grounds, maybe up next weekend do a little scouting around if i cant get out. No hurry i have the one trailer now for this year, If i move it will be up for sale under 1500.00