Memorial Weekend Update Memorial Weekend Update Memorial Weekend Update Memorial Weekend Update

Default Memorial Weekend Update

The walleye are biting and being caught just West of the islands and South of South Bass down to Mouse Island... Just look for the boats, I am sure it is a parking lot.

Spoons (Michigan Stingers) are catching a lot! of fish... so no need for meat yet. There seem to be two water columns holding fish, about 10-12 FOW and 18-20 FOW so many are running short leads on one side and long on the other and both producing fish.

Be safe out there and have a great weekend.

-Matt

Going to try and get up there Monday and possibly Tuesday. Any advice on spoon color that seems to be hot? I'm usually pulling cranks and have a limited supply of spoons to pull behind TT40's.

Agree. I'm a novice and was out there as well in the late afternoon from 5:30 to 8pm. I caught three nice Walleye and a White Bass pulling a crawler harness with a 3oz inline wt 40-45 back and the other with a TT-40 with a Michigan Spoon 50 back. Tons of marks on the sonar. Had a great time. I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the great info. I've only trolled a few times and would never have been able to do it on my own w/o your help!!

Hey Madd Matt, Was there any size differences in the fish being caught at two zones in the water column? Also thanks for the post, trying to put together a plan for the end of next week, I know things can change quick an there goes my plan lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Hey Madd Matt, Was there any size differences in the fish being caught at two zones in the water column? Also thanks for the post, trying to put together a plan for the end of next week, I know things can change quick an there goes my plan lol!
    Same size fish both columns. Lots of short fish. Spoons with trutrips back 18-23 & 30-35 at 2.3 mph. Jegar bomb, pooh bear chartreuse, bite me all pulling fish. Been same program last 4 days.

Thanks spoonfeeder.

Yep. Agree with Spoonfeeder. Like Larry said, there are a lot of smaller fish, but plenty of keepers too. Out of 50 fish this weekend probably 60% were in the 18"-20" class and the rest over 20" with only 1 Fish Ohio.

I caught a lot of fish on the large spoons too. We had most rods with smaller Stingers, but we put out 4-5 large spoons and they pulled fish too.

-Matt

Thanks Matt!

Default mayflies

on the brink which will turn on the crawler harnesses, saw my first one out there yesterday.Anything copper and gold will likely do well.