River fishing River fishing River fishing River fishing

Thread: River fishing

Blog Entries

Default River fishing

Has anybody been fishing in the Fremont or maumee river fir walleye

best way to keep up with the river is go to Maumee tackle website click on river update they do a daily report ......

Angler supply in Fremont give a report on there answering machine 419 332 6071 but not sure if he started yet it will be at least a couple weeks before I try.

Look up the Maumee river walleye run Facebook page. Lots of good info and fellow fishermen sharing info

I've been watching the usual spots around Perrysburg and Maumee - there have been very few anglers in the water. I was also at Maumee Tackle yesterday, and they have heard of a rumor of a couple catches, but nothing has been brought into the shop yet. I suspect the warmer weather forecast for early next week will kick things off, and am planning to try my luck Tuesday or Wednesday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    I've been watching the usual spots around Perrysburg and Maumee - there have been very few anglers in the water. I was also at Maumee Tackle yesterday, and they have heard of a rumor of a couple catches, but nothing has been brought into the shop yet. I suspect the warmer weather forecast for early next week will kick things off, and am planning to try my luck Tuesday or Wednesday.
    One standard 'rule of thumb' for the Maumee Walleye Run....Watch the water temperatures, usually around 45 to 50 degrees turns them on. Young Jacks tend to move in first, (horney little bas...ds), then the Ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    One standard 'rule of thumb' for the Maumee Walleye Run....Watch the water temperatures, usually around 45 to 50 degrees turns them on. Young Jacks tend to move in first, (horney little bas...ds), then the Ladies.
    Another, probably even more important, rule of thumb...If there's rain in the forecast anywhere from Ft. Wayne to Toledo, stay out of the water!

I second the notion that you should check out Maumee Tackle's website. Great report that's updated daily.

Blog Entries

Default River Walleye

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    Another, probably even more important, rule of thumb...If there's rain in the forecast anywhere from Ft. Wayne to Toledo, stay out of the water!

I second the notion that you should check out Maumee Tackle's website. Great report that's updated daily.
    Oh so true about the rains. Watch out for any melting ice/snow and swift currents too....people die out there!

Default Maumee Update

Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    I've been watching the usual spots around Perrysburg and Maumee - there have been very few anglers in the water.
    I drive down through Side Cut twice a day (on my way to work and home from work) to check for brave souls and see if its time. I second Retired's report, there have been very few anglers trying it. The river is still a little too cold and last evening, it was up high enough that with water in the upper 30's, not something I'd like to try. Given the weather report, it will be crowded by next weekend, though. Success rates will depend on the amount of rain we get next week. Some of the precip models show enough rain through the middle of next week that it could get blown out, especially when preceded by the snowmelt that will likely happen on Saturday and into Sunday.

I'm more of a lake fisherman, but will usually give the early runs a try as I only live about 5 mins from Side Cut. However, with almost no ice on the lake this year, I think I'll be heading straight to the Lake.