Anyone goin today? (10-2-16) Anyone goin today? (10-2-16) Anyone goin today? (10-2-16) Anyone goin today? (10-2-16)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    Thanks Derald. Where the head boats today? Let us know where you all fished and how you end up.
    Mostly south of the firing range, We fished South of G-Can, then moved about a mile SSW of F-Can, then the rock pile and then back to South of G-Can. Water clarity varied from very dirty to fairly clear but was changing constantly. The lake still had muddy foam on it from the blow.

I ended the day with 7 and no junk but there were several junk fish caught, mostly white perch and Sheepsheads. There was a couple of 11+ inch fish caught and several 8 to 10 inch and the normal 7 to 8 inch as well as a few shorts.

Final verdict was a good day for fishing but a poor day for catching. No limits were caught that I heard of on our boat. I gave my fish away to a young man who was on his first fishing trip with his father.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by Centralohio112 View Post
    Kinda new to Erie. Can you give me an idea where Lucie point is located
    Kind of north of south bass island, closer to middle bass on the east side, called sugar island reef is very close to Lucy's point

Started north of b can. Slow bite but. Picked up 20 7-9 inches between the two of us 830 to 1130. Moved to cone reef area and picked up 25 more nice size smallest was 9 in. Biggest was 12.5...long day on the lake, but still caught some nice fish

We stayed in the same spot from 745 to 1230 and got 83 that went 20 lbs at Cutcher's. 20 FOW using speaders and Skipper 9 rigs down in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    Tried all over .. A..B..L. cans than thought we would head to clean water saw on way out . Ended up in 14 fow. Off Crane Creek Beach and did decent. All fish were big over 9 "
    In reading the reports tonight...Interesting how many different places folks caught fish today, especially given the water clarity conditions some of those places.. Who would have thunk 14 feet of water. Looks like they weren't jumpin in the boats but fish were caught and maybe not bad day given the blow we just came out of. A few days of clearing and stable weather and hopefully should be game on....

We started south of g, 5 on board, 2 younger kids 9 and 6. Second trip for 9 y/o and first ever for 6 y/o and my sister who has not perch fished in 15 years or so. 10 nicer fish in the 9 range, moved to the rock pile were we got 30 more, 1 bonus walleye about 20 inch and lost a second one about 16 inch wait on the net. Lines in at 10 and at one the 6yo was burnt out so we headed in. Nicer fish today, the 40 perch were 13 pounds.

Water south of g was clear and rock pile was stained, but when the sun popped out it was fast for 20 mins.

Had a great day, glad to spend it with my sister, her bf, and my niece and nephew.

Seen lots of bigger marks in the 12 to 16ft range. Seeing our 2 bonus fish makes me wonder if those are walleye too?