Definitely was a dirty Definitely was a dirty Definitely was a dirty Definitely was a dirty

Default Definitely was a dirty

It was a very interesting weekend. The fish wanted to feed only in the dirty water. I would make a pass and catch fish in the dirty water and turn around to go back and the dirty water moved and wow no fish. So we would have to follow the dirty water around. Amazing how little areas of dirty water can move around. Fun times.

That's what we did too. Once we got off the edge to clean water nothing then back into the dirty water we would get them again.
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD

Blog Entries

Default Dirty water

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    It was a very interesting weekend. The fish wanted to feed only in the dirty water. I would make a pass and catch fish in the dirty water and turn around to go back and the dirty water moved and wow no fish. So we would have to follow the dirty water around. Amazing how little areas of dirty water can move around. Fun times.
    We caught the four fish Saturday all in dirty water it was weird

do you think the bait fish are more easier to catch in the dirty water because they are more camoflauged

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY JOE View Post
    do you think the bait fish are more easier to catch in the dirty water because they are more camoflauged
    IMO the dirty water holds more baitfish and Walleye because it is usually 3-4 degrees warmer than the clear water

Yes he is right the dirty water is usually a little warmer and has less light penetration on calm days like yesterday. So the bite goes all day. And I am sure the ambush factor comes into play also.

That is weird skipper.

The amount of dirty water sure did decrease from Saturday to Sunday from what I saw. Dirty water was farther out and clean water was on shore. Opposite of Saturday.