I woke up at 3:30am and cursed my luck. I knew I wouldn't get back to sleep in time to take advantage of the last half hour before my alarm clock went off, so I got up and put the coffee on.

After checking the weather, wind, and marine forecast for the day, I settled into my routine of checking my favorite websites for an hour while I sipped my morning brew.
Took a shower, dressed, and loaded up the Ranger's cooler with goodies for lunch.

I met my crew at the bait shop across from their hotel, because I needed ice and they needed fishing licenses. We hit the launch at 7am and headed towards Niagra Reef first.
When we got there the water was really too clean for my liking and I wasn't marking any fish on the H'Bird, so we reeled in the lines and headed back south towards F can, where the water looked a little more stained.

We stopped short between F can and E can and set lines. After a quick instruction on how to put the Off Shore boards out my crew became pretty efficient, so I let them have all the fun, while I just gave instructions and netted the fish. They did an awesome job.

Deep Husky Jerks in Pink Lemonade, Halloween, and Black/Gold up high in the water column did the job. 35-55 back took all the fish. Others were getting them deeper in other areas, as I was told they were running 90-110 back. But, since we were catching, I didn't change a thing!

It was a perfect day on the water. Barely a breeze on the water again today, and the sun was out most of the time, which was a nice surprise since the forecast was calling for mostly cloudy all day. The clouds did show up around 12:30, along with a light 5 mph breeze from the ENE (when our bite turned off). We headed in at 1pm with 14 walleye that ended up weighing a little over 89 pounds.

A very good day....:cheers: