The Perch bite is on! The Perch bite is on! The Perch bite is on! The Perch bite is on!

Default The Perch bite is on!

Yesterday, Tuesday 13SE16 was the best day this year. 60 perch from 9:00 to 10:30. Same spot I have been fishing all season. 3.6 miles due north of the mouth of the Portage, on the Rockpile. ONLY CAUGHT YELLOW PERCH! Minimum keeper size was 8 inches; no Jumbo's but most were between 8-10 inches. 14 lbs at cleaners. Lot's of doubles. Had a mix of minnows but it didn't seem to matter. I wish I could have shared this time with the fisherman I have taken out when we didn't do so well. But that is fishing! Hope this bite sticks around for a while longer.
    Attached Images Attached Images The Perch bite is on!-double-perch-13se16-jpg 

now if the tigers would do as good it will be a great fall also about 12 lions wins i gave up on the browns nice fish

Quote Originally Posted by My Trophy Wife View Post
    Yesterday, Tuesday 13SE16 was the best day this year. 60 perch from 9:00 to 10:30. Same spot I have been fishing all season. 3.6 miles due north of the mouth of the Portage, on the Rockpile. ONLY CAUGHT YELLOW PERCH! Minimum keeper size was 8 inches; no Jumbo's but most were between 8-10 inches. 14 lbs at cleaners. Lot's of doubles. Had a mix of minnows but it didn't seem to matter. I wish I could have shared this time with the fisherman I have taken out when we didn't do so well. But that is fishing! Hope this bite sticks around for a while longer.
    What was the F.O.W. please? Not sure where a rock pile is. It looks like you are talking about a half mile E.S.E. of G can
    Thanks

About 23 feet. There are all kinds of cool structure on the bottom in this area. This is actually the start of the Rockpile and it goes east, halfway to Catawba. When you can see a wide path of daylight between Catawba and Mouse you are there. Yes, it is E. SE of G can. Wish I could have been there today! Good luck!

Thanks for the great post. Took my wife up Friday and she had a ball. First hookup was a nice double. I had never fished this area, so your informative post and picture gave me what I needed to be successful. 41 in about two hours, 11 lbs. no trash. Used your picture to rig up some spreaders with bling as I had none in the box. Again, thanks for making my day great!

Thank you for the reports, Trophy Wife. I have not fished Erie in years, and I intended to drive over from Indiana for my first trip there on my own boat yesterday but changed my plans and fished locally. Bad decision. Caught one bluegill all morning.

Anyway, I have a question about your rig in the picture. I'm assuming that's a spreader. From what I've been reading there are a few rigs that work really well, these spreaders being one of them. My question is, if the rig is sitting pretty much on the bottom, what is the purpose of the spinners on there? Are you doing a kind of jigging motion where you frequently lift and drop the rig to allow the spinners to spin?

Thanks again for your help and reports. They're helping this newbie figure out where to go when I do finally make it over there.

Chad
    Last edited by Sesshoku; 09-20-2016 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

Yes, just an attractant.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav