Perch near B-Can Perch near B-Can Perch near B-Can Perch near B-Can
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perch near B-Can

Went to the B-Can area this morning last 4 GPS #'s 41.18 South and 04.15 North. Caught a 1 man limit there in about 1.5 hours lot of small perch returned to the water, with 3 white perch being the only junk. the 30 weighed 8 lbs at Cutchers. Fished in the mud with golden shiners with their heads pinched off, that seemed to work the best. Tried just pinching them and cuting them in 2 but the perch seemed to prefer the tail section to all of the other methods. More bumpy than predicted but still easily fishable.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Glad to hear you got then Wakina. We are going out in the morning. Fish the B can area a lot but hasn't been to good for us this year. Usually go about a mile past the can. Remember when you told me I was sitting on your spot. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    Glad to hear you got then Wakina. We are going out in the morning. Fish the B can area a lot but hasn't been to good for us this year. Usually go about a mile past the can. Remember when you told me I was sitting on your spot. LOL
    The GPS numbers that are in the post are south of the can and today the pack was probably at least 1/2 mile from me and east of the can. I was all by myself. I had just slowed down to stop the beating from the waves and started marking fish on the bottom. Dropped the anchor and the first bite was a double keeper and that first one was the only one I got all day. But the bite was steady with the small ones mixed in so I stayed put. It made for a nice birthday present as I turned 67 today. It was a little bumpy out there and even Iwindsurf missed the wind by a mile today. The ride back was a cake walk with the following seas.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    The GPS numbers that are in the post are south of the can and today the pack was probably at least 1/2 mile from me and east of the can. I was all by myself. I had just slowed down to stop the beating from the waves and started marking fish on the bottom. Dropped the anchor and the first bite was a double keeper and that first one was the only one I got all day. But the bite was steady with the small ones mixed in so I stayed put. It made for a nice birthday present as I turned 67 today. It was a little bumpy out there and even Iwindsurf missed the wind by a mile today. The ride back was a cake walk with the following seas.
    Hey Wakina, happy birthday! And thanks for all the great information you post on this forum.

We were there also today was just North of the pack got 4 man limit in 4 hours,bite was good until about 10:30 than they slowed down but we still picked away... small fish but good to eat !. we started in 19 FOW off Crane Creek Beach where we have been doing pretty good but not today so we moved out ...

Happy Birthday Wakania ! I am celebrating my First August in 36 Years that I actually have a life other than Public School Administration and the pressure that goes with it getting ready for school to start!!! What a Great feeling no stress!!!

Happy Birthday Wakina! Glad you caught your limit of perch! My grandson celebrated his 4th birthday today too!

Happy Birthday Wakina,Thanks for all of the info you provide and all of the great fishing tips,and reports.Have many more!!

Happy birthday I have only been on a short time but your posts are always helpful thanks

Happy Belated Birthday Wakina, hopes to be getting on them this week myself......

Gene

happy bday a day late wakina mine was the 6th and so was my sons he 16 me 57 we went to tiger game haven't been fishing due to tiger stadium sun burn hopefully fishing tuesday