Nice ones today Nice ones today Nice ones today Nice ones today

Thread: Nice ones today

Default Nice ones today

17 lbs. for a 2 man Perch limit (60) today 100 yards off of the Rattles of the Snake Island. Fished 10-2:30. A mixture of minnows (very few emeralds). All seemed to work. We dinked around 1 mile West of by the Green Can at Catawba, catching our first 10 fish there from 8:00-9:30. They were all Jumbos (really, no kidding) but just didn't come fast enough, so we bailed. Turns out we should have stayed. My brother was in another boat 100 yards from us and came in with 104 perch (4 guys) weighing in at 38 lbs. He told me it was the nicest catch he has ever caught . Either way, it was a great day on the lake. Weather man sure blew it again with the wind and waves forecast; to our favor for once. Sure was a good use of a vacation day!

Quote Originally Posted by My Trophy Wife View Post
    17 lbs. for a 2 man Perch limit (60) today 100 yards off of the Rattles of the Snake Island. Fished 10-2:30. A mixture of minnows (very few emeralds). All seemed to work. We dinked around 1 mile West of by the Green Can at Catawba, catching our first 10 fish there from 8:00-9:30. They were all Jumbos (really, no kidding) but just didn't come fast enough, so we bailed. Turns out we should have stayed. My brother was in another boat 100 yards from us and came in with 104 perch (4 guys) weighing in at 38 lbs. He told me it was the nicest catch he has ever caught . Either way, it was a great day on the lake. Weather man sure blew it again with the wind and waves forecast; to our favor for once. Sure was a good use of a vacation day!
    Here is what we do on the Water Dog. Every 15 minutes, when were not hitting the fish like we would like, say out load were going to move..... and then somehow we start to catch fish.
    Any way a charter boat captain one said " You don't leave fish to find fish".
    ~Fish ON

Quote Originally Posted by My Trophy Wife View Post
    Wow! Your brothers group was getting 2.74 fish per lb! That is great by anyone's standards! And to think I was there Wednesday for the first time in 2 months and only caught 10 small perch between 2 of us. Oh well, maybe I can make it back up and have better luck.

Where is the green can off of catawba?

Quote Originally Posted by PDnaz View Post
    Where is the green can off of catawba?
    41 34 613
    82 52 071

Thanks appreciated